Chapter Eleven - Welcome To Beacon

In the day that followed the "best day ever", Razer was with Team RWBY in their dorm room. Razer simply sat down and watched Team RWBY play game of Remnant: The Game. 

Ruby: Hmmmmm....All right...All right! Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: Bring it on!

Razer sighed in annoyance as they played the game.  

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet! Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

Yang: You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn.

Yang: Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!

Ruby: What?!

Yang: Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!

Yang: That's a chance I'm willing to take!

Yang then rolls the dice and gets a seven. As per the game stipulations, Yang's giant Nevermove decimated Ruby's Atlesian Fleet with Fatal Feathers.

Razer: Hhm.

Yang: Well, Weiss, it's your turn.

As Weiss was given the rundown of how the game worked, Weiss played along playing as Vacuo. Soon enough, Weiss gained the upper hand. 

Yang: And since Vacuo warriors have an endurance against Natural-based hazards, you can use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaneously infiltrate my kingdom! Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war.

Weiss: Then that means....

Ruby: You're just three moves away from conquering Remnant!

Weiss: Y-yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!

Razer kept his eyes on Yang who didn't show any concern. In fact, Yang had a smile on her face. 

Yang: Trap card....Your armies have been destroyed.

Weiss: I hate this game of emotions we play!

It was at this point that Blake opted out of playing, making it clear that recent events were still on her mind. Razer was about to get up and leave when Ruby stopped him.

Ruby: Hey Razer? You want to play? You could avenge us!

Weiss: Yes! See to it that Xiao Long pays!

Razer: Not interested.

Yang: Aw c'mon, Razer! What's the matter? You chicken?

When Yang said that, Razer stepped up on took over Blake's spot. He was currently playing as Vale. He analyzed Yang's movements and began setting up his pieces. 

Yang: You ready to get your butt kicked? 

Razer: This is just a children's game.

With that, Razer played against Yang. Razer went for an aggressive approach in which Yang's forces were able to push back. Utilizing his Red Lantern attacks, Razer used his forces to blitz through Yang's forces. Soon enough, it seemed that Yang had Razer oh the ropes.

Weiss: It seems Yang has you beat. Maybe if you spent more time building up your defenses rather than attack, maybe you wouldn't be in this situation.

As it seemed that Yang had Razer beat, the former Red Lantern chuckled. 

Razer: Maybe it was all a diversion. You see Yang, while you were occupied with fighting my main army, I sent in a squadron of commandos to infiltrate your capital and conquer it.

At Razer said this, the holoprojection of Yang's capital was up in smoke with little commando holograms exiting the city and boarding a gunship. 

Yang: No way!

Razer: Guess I win.

Razer looked down on the holographic projection of Yang's capital city in flames. It reminded Razer too much of the carnage and destruction he caused as a member of the Red Lantern Corps.

Razer: It's just a game. Just a childish game.

Team RWBY was caught off guard by Razer's change in attitude. Only Blake had an idea of Razer's past. It was short lived when Sun Wukong appeared outside the window.

Sun: Sup losers.

Ruby: Hey Sun!

Standing on the ledge next to Sun was his friend and teammate Neptune who was trying hard not to freak out and fall.

Sun: Ruby, Yang, Blake...Ice Queen. 

At this point, the room became crowded as Team JNPR joined in. At this point, Razer had enough.

Razer: I'm going to the Emerald Forest.

With that, Razer exited Team RWBY's dorm and began walking to the exit. As he was walking out of the dorms, he runs into a group of three people. One was a dark skinned woman with green hair. Standing next to her was a silver haired man. At the center of the group was a black haired woman wearing a uniform of Haven Academy. Unbeknownst to Razer, they were Cinder Fall, Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black, the masterminds behind the recent attacks.

Cinder: Excuse me? Me and my friends here are visiting from Haven Academy for the Vytal Festival. 

Razer: You're in the wrong building. But exchange students have their own dormitory.

Mercury: I guess we just got turned around.

Razer: That is frankly not my problem. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm leaving.

Cinder: Thanks. Maybe we'll see you around.

Razer said nothing as he walks to the door. As he proceeded to walked out the door, one of them takes notice of Razer's appearance

Mercury: So that's the alien, huh? You think he's gonna be a problem?

Cinder: We'll keep an eye on that on. For now, we've got bigger fish to fry.

In that moment, Cinder Fall simply smiled as she watched Razer flew into the sky in a streak of red light. In that moment, the masterminds behind the recent attacks were inside Beacon, ready to further their own plans.