Chapter Thirty Five - The Saint Of Menagerie

After the Fall of Beacon, Razer flew to the Faunus sanctuary of Menagerie. During the journey, she thought about everything that had happened during the attack. The deaths of both Ozpin and Pyrrha weighed heavily on his mind. But most importantly, he knew Vice was out there somewhere. But then his thoughts drifted towards Aya. He couldn't explain why he couldn't keep his mind off Aya. Even as he flew to Menagerie, he knew Vice would come after him, but it would keep Aya away from him. 

Razer: (Aya.....)

Razer soon cast aside those thoughts for now. For now he would focus on the task at hand. Razer knew that the Fall of Beacon would have devastating repercussions on all of Remnant. In his mind, he thought of how the Red Lanterns would invade a planet because of those same conditions. And with Vice hunting for Razer, that scenario seemed all too possible. Soon enough, Razer arrived on Kuo Kuana. As he landed, Razer began his search for Blake. He walked through the desert that made up most of Menagerie. When he reached the outskirts, he was greeted by the sight of a bustling town with packed residential areas and expansive markets. The vista of palm trees spreads out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this is a large house with an open courtyard that the road appears to lead directly to. The house is at least three stories and is the only building in the whole area with a sophisticated roof. 

Razer: This place is....

???: Quite beautiful, I know. 

As the voice interrupted Razer, the renegade Red Lantern turned around to see a white skinned alien approaching him. He wore an olive purple tunic with a single strap running from his thighs to his right shoulder. His tunic had contained a belt and several pouches on each side of him. His forearms and legs were wrapped in silver armor. Razer immediately becomes hostile. 

???: Kuo Kuana. This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Razer: You're not of this world. Who are you?!

???: The Faunus have built something truly extraordinary despite the circumstances that brought them here in the first place. The Faunus came together and made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But there are some who feel that this island, this town, will always be a reminder that they are still not equal. That they are second class citizens.

Razer: Tell me who you are or I'll....

???: I've been on this world for many years. I have offered my aid to the Faunus of this world so that the fires of hope may never die. I act as a...unseen figure of hope. They call me the Saint of Menagerie. But I simply prefer my name. I am Saint Walker. And you are? 

Razer: About to kick your smug rear! 

Saint Walker: That is not a vey pleasant name. Not in the least!

Razer: Do you have a problem with me?! 

Saint: Do you have a problem with you? 

Razer: I only have one problem around here, but it's a problem I intend to correct!

Without hesitation, Razer attacked him. As Razer began blasting red energy blasts at Saint Walker, but the alien dodges them with ease. 

Razer: Taste the power of my rage!

Saint Walker: Rage has no real power. Or taste for that matter. 

Razer snarled as he charged at Saint Walker. Saint Walker easily dodged Razer's punches and kicks. 

Saint Walker: Rage is the orphan child of fear and despair. 

Infuriated by Saint Walker's words, Razer attempts to fire an energy blast on Saint Walker, but he simply redirects his hand so that he shoots it into the sky. When Razer threw another kick, Saint Walker parried it and jumped on Razer, proceeding to use him to boost his jump onto a small rock formation. 

Saint Walker: Your kicks need work. A little higher on the knee, I think. 

Razer then fires a wave of red energy at the rock formation, causing it to collapse. Saint Walker simply jumped off the collapsing rock formation and approaches Razer once more. 

Saint Walker: Speaking of tastes, the food here is quite delicious, brother!

At this point, Razer continues to fire more red energy blasts at Saint Walker only for him to dodge them all with ease. 

Razer: Sit still so I can hit you!

Saint Walker: No, brother. You sit still. 

Saint Walker then hits Razer in the neck with a pressure point technique, completely immobilizing Razer as he collapses to the ground. As Razer struggles to get up, Saint Walker kneels towards Razer. 

Saint Walker: There's a storm coming, brother, and this world will need everyone of a strong and true heart to survive.

Razer: What in the name of Grotz are you talking about?!

Saint Walker: Your anger and rage may lead to your doom. Personally, I think you should avoid that. 

Razer: And what do you know?! 

Saint Walker: More than you think. I know who you are. You wear the colors and uniform of the Red Lanterns, but you no longer serve them. The other Red Lantern is proof of this. The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming. There is always hope. We will meet again, Razer. 

With that, Saint Walker walks away. Razer was still unable to move when a group of Saber Rodentia and a small group of Menagerie Guard arrived to arrest Razer for disturbing the peace. By the time Razer had regained the ability to move, Razer realized that this arrest was a blessing n disguise as it could lead him to Blake.