Chapter Thirty Seven - Honored Guest

In the Belladonna Household, Blake and Sun Wukong joined Ghira and Kali Belladonna for a cup of tea. They all sit on the floor at a square table in the kitchen where they talk about what had happened at Beacon.

Kali: We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale isn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. Oh, we were both so worried.

Ghira: Please, I knew she'd be fine!

Kali: That isn't the slightest bit true. You should have seen him pacing.

Sun: You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she's got some moves!

Upon saying this, all in the room took note of Sun's last words. Ghira began to glare at Sun.

Ghira: And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong?

At this point, Sun tried to explain himself away only to make things even more awkward for himself. Kali leans over to Blake.

Kali: Why is he here again?

Blake: He just kind of followed me home.

Suddenly, Saber and a group of Menagerie Guards entered the Belladonna Household. 

Saber: Apologies, Chieftain Belladonna. 

Ghira: What seems to be the problem, Captain Rodentina?

Saber: We've apprehended a unknown individual. He spoke your name? 

Ghira: Where is he? 

Saber: We have him with us. 

Ghira: Bring him to me. 

As Ghira sad this, Saber orders his men to drag Razer into the room. Blake was quick to recognize Razer. 

Blake: Razer?!

Kali: You know this person? 

Blake: He's...he's a friend. He's okay, Dad. 

Ghira took a moment to glance over at Razer. Trusting his daughter's judgement, Ghira has Razer released from custody. After a moment, Razer glances over to Blake. 

Razer: Thank you. 

Blake: What are you doing here, Razer?

Razer: I needed to speak with you. 

Suddenly, a knock came at the door. When Ghira answered, two members of the White Fang answered the door. Blake and Sun immediately become defensive.

Blake: Dad! What are you doing talking to these people?

Ghira: This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now.

Sun: Those psychos are here, too?!

Fennec: Young man, I'm not sure what you've heard of our organization, but I can assure you, we're not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe.

Razer: I've seen first hand of what the White Fang are capable of. 

Blake: That's a lie! We saw what happened at Beacon first hand! They attacked innocent civilians and they released Grimm into the school!

Ghira: Is this true?

Fennec: Sadly, Your Grace, it is.

Blake: Don't act like you're s....

Ghira: Enough! Explain yourselves.

Corsac: Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they've elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you're all familiar with the young adept and his...extreme philosophies.

Tali: And yet you've done nothing to publicly condemn him.

At that point, Corsac and Fennec grew silent. Ghira studied the reaction of the two White Fang representatives.

Corsac: It is a...delicate situation. Though we condemn Adam Taurus's actions in the strongest possible way, publicly condemning Adam Taurus now will only complicate things.

Fennec: The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident.

Blake: "Incident"? People are dead!

Corsac: And it is a tragedy.

Fennec: Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang.

Ghira: And how can I be sure of that?

Corsac: We understand if you bear any skepticism towards these claims. The White Fang's tactics are admittedly, more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. But this, this is no way to make our message heard.

Fennec: We have ample documentation from the council meeting, as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you care to review them.

Ghira: I will, but another day. I'd like some time to reconnect with my daughter.

Corsac: But of course, Your Grace.

Fennec: We completely understand. It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake.

Corsac: We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang, but understand if you can no longer support our cause.

Fennec: It is a wearying fight, after all.

Blake: Who says I'm done fighting?

Corsac: Hmm... If you ever do wish to return, you need merely come find us.

Fennec: Sister Ilia would be elated.

Ghira: Goodbye, gentlemen.

Corsac and Fennec bowed their heads and departed from the house. As they leave, Ghira takes a deep breath.

Razer: It seems the threat is much closer than you thought. 

Ghira: My worst fears have been realized.

Blake: Dad?

Ghira: I knew this day would come. I knew the day would come when the White Fang would turn to such...atrocious violence. But to hear this from my own daughter, it breaks my heart.

Razer: You were in the White Fang?

Ghira: I founded the White Fang. But it wasn't like this. I founded the White Fang to fight for the Faunus. 

Razer: There will always be those who take a noble goal and twist it for their own purposes. The White Fang are working for someone far worse.

Upon hearing this, Ghira and Kali were in shock.

Sun: And who's that?

Razer: Someone to be feared. Blake, I've come all this way to try and get you back in the fight. 

Ghira: We will discuss this later. Razer, allow me to invite you to stay in our home. 

Razer accepted Ghira's offer. In that moment, Razer could now begin attempting to get Blake back into the fight. What Razer didn't know was that the White Fang stationed in Menagerie was already plotting a move against the Belladonnas.