Chapter Seventy One - The Leviathan

After the defeat of Adam Taurus, Razer along with Blake and Yang made their way back the group where the rest of Ruby's group were. They were all quick to notice a disabled mech looming over them.

Ruby: Yang! Blake! Are you okay?

Before anyone could answer that, the Leviathan lets out a deafening roar.

Razer: That's not good.

Yang: Was that a giant Grimm?

Weiss: Yes... and we just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it...

With that, everyone boarded the airship Weiss was able to steal from Cordovin. As the airship flew, Blake felt guilty about what happened.

Blake: I'm so sorry...

Yang: Don't be. This isn't on you.

Razer: You couldn't have known this would happen, Blake. Now we have to focus on the matter at hand.

Maria: I suppose I have to be the bad guy and say it, getting the lamp to Atlas is still our top priority, and right now we have the perfect opportunity to head straight for it. We may not get another chance like this.

Aya: We cannot leave these people behind.

Weiss: We can't leave, not like this.

Blake: It's like you said, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end.

Razer: Blake is right. We cannot on good conscience leave these people to this fate.

Saint Walker: Agreed. Those people need our help.

Ruby: We need to head for the Leviathan. Jaune, can you and Ren be ready to mask our ship?

Ren: I think we can manage.

Jaune: Got a few ideas?

Ruby: I've got one.

With that, Ruby went to the top of the airship as the airship approached the Leviathan. As Ruby prepared to try and use her Silver Eyes to fight the Leviathan, Razer and Aya joined her.

Ruby: Razer!? Aya!? What are your doing up here?!

Razer: You will not fight this beast alone, Ruby.

Aya: Razer and I will do what we can to aid you.

The Leviathan soon sets its gaze upon the three. Razer and Aya begin attacking the Leviathan. Razer used his Ring to form multiple spiked tendrils to restrain the Leviathan. Despite using all his strength, the Leviathan began to fight back. Aya joined Razer by using her power to form construct tendrils to further restrain the Leviathan. Despite their combined strength, the Leviathan continued to fight through it, even going as far as to swat at the ship. Inside the ship, Saint Walker watched as Razer and Aya struggled to keep the Leviathan restrained. Without hesitation, Saint Walker begins walking away.

Oscar: Where are you going?!

Saint Walker: To lend a hand.

After that, Saint Walker joins Razer, Aya and Ruby at the top of the airship. He then walks towards the edge.

Razer: What are you doing?!

Saint Walker: Do not worry. All will be well.

As Saint Walker said this, he walked over the edge. As he was plummeting to the ground, Saint Walker began speaking.

Saint Walker: In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite, when all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope shines bright!

When he spoke those words, there was a ray of blue light which shined all across Argus. Moments later, Saint Walker levitated towards the Leviathan as a Blue Lantern.

Razer: What the.....

Saint Walker: Allow me to help.

Saint Walker then summons construct tendrils to aid Razer and Aya. Saint Walker flew away from Razer and Aya. Suddenly, Aya's body began to glow green as her power became amplified.

Aya: I feel my power increasing exponentially.

Razer: It seems Saint Walker is full of surprises!

As Razer, Aya and Saint Walker restrained the Leviathan, Ruby tried to use her Silver Eyes, but found herself unable to. To buy herself more time, Ruby summons Jinn, which freezes time. In that moment, Ruby's takes the time to reflect on the happier memories. Using those memories, Ruby activates her Sliver Eyed powers and petrifies the Leviathan. As the Leviathan is turned to stone, Saint Walker regrouped with the others.

Razer: You are a Lantern?

Saint Walker: I am. Powered by the blue light of Hope.

It wasn't long before Ruby approached Razer, Aya and Saint Walker.

Ruby: Are you okay?!

Razer: We'll be fine.

Suddenly, the sound of cracking was heard as the Leviathan slowly began to break free.

Ruby: No....

Suddenly, the mech began to move towards the Leviathan. Cordovin then speaks through the intercoms.

Cordovin(Intercom): I'll take it from here! After all, I was sworn to protect the people!

The mech's left hand soon turned into a giant drill, its arm cannon now detached. The Colossus then runs towards the petrified Leviathan. The Colossus then plunges the drill into the Leviathan, killing it. As Razer, Aya, Saint Walker and Ruby get back into the airship, Ruby contacts Cordovin via her scroll.

Ruby: Thank you. And... I'm sorry.

Cordovin(Scroll): The Atlas military can handle the stragglers.

Ruby: What, uh... What are you saying?

Cordovin(Scroll): I'm saying I don't think anyone would notice if one more ship went missing in my lengthy report.

With that, Cordovin had allowed the airship carrying Ruby's group to leave. Inside the airship, Ruby takes a moment to catch her breath.

Qrow: Hey, Ruby. You did great out there today, kid. Just don't go giving me heart attacks like that again.

Razer: You did good today. All of you did. 

With that, the airship continued it's journey to Atlas. As the airship sets a course for Atlas, everyone prepared themselves for the journey to Atlas so they could deliver the Relic of Knowledge to safety. However, despite this victory, the forces of darkness were still strong and were ready to make their next move.