Chapter Two - A New Home

After his encounter with Ruby and the others, Razer followed them back to Beacon Academy. He watched as the teams were being formed based on the relics they got.

Ozpin: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!

As Ozpin made his announcement, Ruby was in total shock. Yang hugged her half sister.

Yang: I'm so proud of you!

Ozpin: It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year.

Ozpin then glances over to Razer.

Ozpin: So you are the one who fell from the stars.

Razer said nothing as he simply crossed his arms. Ozpin chuckled as he took a sip from his mug. Razer glanced back at Ruby and her new team.

Ozpin: Miss Rose told me about what happened. She told me that you fell from the stars in a red light. And that you destroyed a Nevermore singlehandedly.

Razer: The credit is not solely mine. That girl and her friends helped.

Ozpin took note of the Red Lantern's response.

Ozpin: You are a rather.....interesting individual. What brings you to Remnant?

Razer: That is none of your business.

Ozpin: A private individual are we?

Razer said nothing as he glared at Ozpin. Ozpin simply chuckled as he took a sip from his mug. Ozpin could tell that Razer was unlike anything that he has ever encountered. The power he displayed was clearly beyond this word.

Razer: What were these students doing in a forest fighting those monsters?

Ozpin: That would be their Initiation. Beacon Academy is an institution dedicated to training the next generation of Huntsmen so that they may battle against the Grimm and protect Remnant from the forces of darkness.

Razer showed no visible reaction to Ozpin's words. His mind falls back to his homeworld of Volkreg and how it was devastated by the warlords that ruled it. Ozpin could tell that Razer was someone who has seen things in his life. The look in his eyes was that of someone who lost everything and held rage in his heart.

Ozpin: You seem like the kind of sort I'd want in my Academy.

Razer: And why would I want any part in this?

Ozpin: I can tell by the look in your eyes that you seek a cause. A cause worth fighting for.

Razer immediately became hostile towards Ozpin.

Razer: You don't know anything about you. I don't need your charity!

Ozpin: But you need it all the same. I don't know who you are or where you came from. But my instincts tell me that you are to be trusted.

Much to Razer's surprise, Ozpin's words made sense. Ever since he abandoned the Red Lanterns, Razer had been looking for a cause. He hated what the Red Lanterns turned him into. He looked at Ruby and the others ad saw something that he hasn't had in a long time: hope. He envied them for this. Despite this, Razer's pride did not allow him to express such things.

Razer: What exactly are you proposing?

Ozpin: I would like to invite you to enroll in Beacon Academy. I believe you would benefit from enrolling at Beacon.

Razer: And what makes you think I would gain anything from this. I don't need anyone telling me how to fight.

Ozpin: Of course you don't. Anyone who can stand face to face with a Nevermore is a force to be reckoned with. But you never know what you may learn.

Razer found himself intrigued by Ozpin. At this point, Razer saw an opportunity to take up a cause. A cause he could at least be proud of.

Razer: Very well. I'll join your Academy.

Ozpin: Very good. I'll see to it that you're enrolled by tomorrow. In the meantime, there's an extra room in the Dorms.

With that, Razer was enrolled at Beacon Academy. When night fell, Razer went straight to his Dorm, not talking to anyone on the way. On the way there, he runs into Ruby.

Ruby: Um....hey Razer! I see you're enrolling at Beacon too!

Razer: Hhm....

Ruby: I just wanted to say that you were really cool out there! You were just....

Ruby begins excitedly muttering her feelings while trying to copy. Razer shows little interest as he reaches his room.

Razer: Good night.

Before Ruby could say anything, Razer closed the door. As he closed the door to his Dorm, he looked upon his Lantern Ring. He could see that it was running low on power. Razer then summons his Red Lantern Battery and raises it towards the Battery. He hesitates for a moment as he raises his hand towards the Battery. After taking several deep breaths, Razer begins reciting the Red Lantern Oath to charge his Ring.

Razer: With blood and rage of crimson red, Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead, Together with our hellish hate, We'll burn you all--that is your fate.

As Razer finished reciting the words of the Red Lantern Oath, the room lit up in a right red light. He could feel his Ring recharging and it's powers surging in his body. When it was over, his Ring was fully recharged. Despite the Ring being an essential part of him, he hated having to repeat the words of the Oath as it reminded him of all the destruction he unleashed upon thousands of innocent people. As Razer rested, he would prepare himself to start his new life as a student of Beacon Academy.