Chapter Seventy Four - Protector Of Mantle

Outside Pietro's pharmacy, Razer and Aya along with Saint Walker Ruby's group are engaged in a battle against a pack of Grimm which consisted of Sabyrs. It didn't take long for chaos to ensue.

Oscar: I guess the city defenses aren't doing much.

Nora: Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.

Razer: It doesn't matter now. It is up to us to destroy these Grimm!

Razer then formed constructs of two swords with his Ring . During the battle, the Grimm began to surround them. Despite being outnumbered, Ruby's group was able to hold the line.

Ruby: We got them on the run!

As the Grimm closed in on the group, a Sabyr was about to ambush Blake. Aya took to the skies and kills it with two energy blasts. Saint Walker then delivers a devastating blow to another Sabyr with his staff. As another Sabyr moved to attack, it was struck down by a green laser. It wasn't long before the rest of the Grimm were struck down by several green lasers. Aya immediately recognized the attack pattern. 

Aya: I...I know that attack....

As the Grimm were cleared out, a girl with long orange hair flies down with green jets coming from her feet. As she lands on her feet, Ruby recognizes her.

Ruby: Penny!

Pietro: Darling, why don't you say hello to your friends?

Penny: Salu.....

Penny then rushes at Ruby in high speed and tackles her in a great big hug.

Penny: ....tations! It is such a pleasure to see you all again!

Ruby: Penny, I... I-I thought you....

Pietro: Died? I guess, in a manner of speaking, she did. But we were able to recover her core from Amity Arena once it had made its way back to Atlas. It took me some time, but....

Penny: I'm as good as new! Better, even! And now I'm the official protector of the city!

Pietro: That's my girl. We're not going to let a little ripping to shreds stop us, are we?

Penny: No sir!

Penny then knocks on her head, making a clanking sound. This strangely warm moment caught everyone off guard. It wasn't long before Aya approached Penny. After a moment of silence, the two hugged each other. 

Penny: It...it's so wonderful to see you again, Aya. 

Aya: I'm glad you're okay....

Penny: We have so many things to catch up about. I cannot wait!

As Penny finished her sentence, the alarms began to blare once more.

Penny: It seems we will have to wait. Let's talk more later! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures and tell you how I have been and I am just very excited about the whole experience!

Nora: I can't tell if I completely understand what's going on or have, like, a million questions.

Pietro: And thankfully, I have about a thousand answers. But let's get out of this weather first.

Maria: I have absolutely no idea who that child was. Is she important somehow?

Aya: That was my sister Penny. 

Jaune: That was unexpected.

Ren: Never a dull moment.

Saint Walker: In my experience, dull moments can be uplifting. 

Qrow: But I wouldn't say unwelcome. I was honestly expecting things to go a lot rougher.

Razer: Careful with what you say, Qrow. Our journey is far from over. Anything can happen.

As the group followed Pietro and Maria back inside, Razer could sense that something was wrong. Suddenly, several bolases wrap around Nora, Oscar, Jaune and Ren. The same thing soon happened to Team RWBY and Qrow. Razer was able to blast the bolas away before it could wrap around him, Aya and Saint Walker. 

Razer: It seems our arrival did not go unnoticed. 

As Razer said that, five uniformed people come out of hiding and approached the group. The leader known as Clover Ebi speaks with his team.

Clover: Good work, team.

Oscar: Hey! What's going on?!

Qrow: Hey, pal! I'm a licensed Huntsman! Just helped save everyone?

Clover gestures his team to focus on Razer, Aya and Saint Walker. 

Clover: Stand down. You're outnumbered.

Razer: Just because there are more of you, don't assume you have the advantage.

Clover: Hm. Let's get them loaded into the next transport.

Ruby: Please! We were just trying to help!

Pietro: What is the meaning of this? What are the Ace-Ops even doing down here in Mantle?

Ruby: Ace-Ops?

Clover: Doctor, good to see you. Well, we heard a report of an unauthorized ship making an unauthorized landing, followed by an unauthorized use of weapons by unlicensed Huntsmen.

As the Ace-Ops approach the trio, Razer powered up his Ring, ready to attack. 

Razer: You do not want this fight. 

Saint Walker: My friend speaks the truth. We mean you no harm. 

Harriet: Says the guy aiming a weapon at us and resisting arrest. 

Saint Walker: I wouldn't go around and provoking my friend here. He's...he doesn't like it when you make him angry. 

Clover: Don't bother playing mind tricks with me. It won't work. Lower your weapons. You're going to Atlas one way or another. Why not make it easy on yourselves and come with us?

Pietro: If we could just talk this out....

Clover: They'll be able to talk this out once they get to Atlas. I know who you are Walter Dornez and I know you're a skilled Huntsman. I'd rather not get into a fight with you over nothing. The way I see it, this is the best option for you. We could duke it out, but that would be a waste of both of our times.

As Clover said this, a tense standoff occurred. Suddenly, Saint Walker lowered his staff. 

Saint Walker: Very well. 

Razer: What are you doing?!

Saint Walker: Fighting with these Atlas Operatives will gain us nothing. It will only hinder our journey. 

Aya: Saint Walker is correct. Fighting them will only draw out the Atlas Military on us. 

As Aya and Saint Walker both surrendered, Razer thought about his options. While he was confident that he could take them down with ease, he knew that doing so could present further complications down the line. After a moment, Razer lowered his arm. 

Razer: Very well. 

With that, Razer along with Aya and Saint Walker turned themselves. In that moment, Razer and his allies were taken into custody by the Ace-Ops.