Chapter Twenty Eight - PVP

After uncovering the plot of Cinder and her allies, Razer and Aya rushed to the to the Amity Colosseum to warn everyone on what was going on. When they reach the Amity Colosseum, they see Ruby being confronted by Mercury Black who appeared unhindered by any injury.

Ruby: Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why... What's going on?

Mercury doesn't answer, still grinning with malice.

Ruby: Fine. If you're not going to tell me...

Ruby attempts to move around him, but he blocks her path, then does it again when she sidesteps. Seeing Mercury attack Ruby spurred Razer and Aya to intervene. 

Razer: This little charade ends now!

Mercurry: You two aren't supposed to be here. 

As Mercury says this, Ruby attempts to block a kick from Mercury with her arms, but gets a face-full of boot. Next he fires a shot but she manages to duck then barely misses being hit by his downward kick and leaps over his leg, spiraling past him, this time getting much father down the corridor. She kicks off of the wall and falls to the ground, pumping her arms as she runs for the exit. As Ruby runs, Razer turns to Aya. 

Razer: Aya! Go! 

Aya: What about you?

Razer: I'll be fine! Go! Get the evidence to Ozpin!

With that, Aya joins Ruby in running. Razer forms a construct of two swords and attacks Mercury. As Razer attacked Mercury, a blast of red energy was fired on Raser, blasting him back several feet. This allowed Mercury to escape. By the time Razer got up, Mercury was gone. He looked up to see a trail of red energy in the sky, heading towards the Amity Colosseum. Upon seeing this, Razer knew that Vice was about to make his move. Without hesitation, Razer blasts off for the Amity Colosseum. He soon regrouped with Aya. 

Razer: Aya! We got a....

Aya: Razer, I managed to upload the recording I made to all the various news stations across Vale. Yang Xiao Long will be cleared of her crimes. Cinder and her cohorts will be exposed. 

Razer: Listen to me, we....

Before Razer could warn Aya about Vice, something had occurred during Pyrrha's fight with Penny. Pyrrha had used her Polarity Semblance to block what appeared to be a large attack. The resulting deception caused Pyrrha to use too much Pyrrha and dismember Penny in the process. Ruby was shocked to the point of tears. She dropped to her knees.

Ruby: Penny....

Ruby begins to cry, the tears fall as she sobs miserably. Aya's reaction was that of silence as she watched her sister being ripped to shreds in such a brutal manner. As shock was felt across the arena, the monitor began to flicker and a broadcast from Cinder Fall was shown.

Cinder(Broadcast): This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference. And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is...equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you: When the first shots are fired...who do you think you can trust?

As soon as the broadcast ended, Grimm began to attack Vale. The alarm soon began to blare across the arena.

Warning Announcer: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

Panic soon began to set across the arena. Ironwood tries to calm down the crowd.

Ironwood: Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic.

As he said this, a large Nevermore rested atop of the the arena's domed force field. The Nevermore then lets out several deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the dome.

Sun: A Nevermore!?

Coco: How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?

Ren: It wasn't alone.

As the Nevermore lets out another deafening roar, Razer and Aya turned to Ruby who was still in tears about what happened to Penny.

Razer: Ruby? Ruby!

At first, Ruby was unresponsive to Razer's words. Razer was deeply concerned about Ruby's well being. Soon enough, Aya spoke.

Aya: Ruby. What happened to Penny is...horrible. But we need you right now. The Grimm are attacking the city. The people responsible for this....they'll answer for this.

As Aya says this, she places his hand on Ruby's shoulder to comfort her. After a moment, Ruby takes a deep breath and regains her composure.

Ruby: I'm....I'm okay.

As Ruby caught her breath, she along with Razer and Aya began rushed to regroup with the rest of Team RWBY. In that moment, Salem's agents had finally launched their attack on Vale and on Beacon Academy. But for Razer the fight had only just begun. For Razer, the Battle of Beacon would be the fight of his life.