Chapter Fifty One - The More The Merrier

After taking the time to rest, Aya and Ruby's Group made their way to Haven Academy after receiving word from Leonardo Lionheart that there was a development in the search for the Spring Maiden. As they entered the building, they are greeted by a visibly nervous Lionheart.

Lionheart: Why hello. Thank you for...coming. There... seems to be more of you than last time.

Qrow: Eh, you know what they say, "The more the merrier". So what's going on with the council?

Lionheart: Why... did you bring your weapons?

Qrow: What? Leo, we're Huntsmen. You okay?

Lionheart: Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

Qrow: Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?

As Lionheart stumbles over his words, Aya noticed that something is wrong. 

Aya: Is something wrong, Headmaster Lionheart? 

Lionheart: I'm...I'm fine, young lady. 

Aya: You say your fine, yet your heart rate has quickened and your breathing is...difficult. Something is bothering you. 

As Aya said that, Yang glances over to see a black bird perched over a nearby balcony. She immediately recognizes the bird.

Yang: Mom?

Without hesitation, Qrow shoots at the bird. The bird dodges the shots and soon transforms into Raven, shocking everyone.

Nora: They... they really are magic...

Raven: If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting.

Qrow: What are you doing here?!

Raven: I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.

Qrow: Leo... what have you done?!

Lionheart: I...

Raven: Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too.

Qrow: You have the Spring Maiden.

Raven: I do. 

Aya: You our outnumbered, Raven Branwen. 

Raven: As if you could understand, robot. There's no beating Salem.

Ruby: You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please.

Ruby's pleas fell on deaf ears as Raven uses her Semblance to open a portal. Out of the portal enters Cinder Fall who was joined by Emerald, Mercury, Hazel and Vernal.

Cinder: Hello boys and girls.

As Ruby's group became surrounded, Aya prepared her weapons. 

Mercury: C'mon guys, is that any way to greet your old friends?

Yang growls at him. Suddenly, Vice crashes through the roof. He looks upon Aya and the rest of Ruby's group. 

Aya: The Red Lantern.....

Vice: I remember you. You're the tin toy that Razer was with. Where is my former compatriot?

Ruby: He's not here. 

Vice: Then I suppose I should start killing you all. I'm sure that will bring him here. 

Qrow: Everybody, stay calm.

Suddenly they hear the doors behind them open up.

Oscar: Oh no...

As Oscar says this, Hazel enters the room.

Hazel: The White Fang is prepping demolition and securing the school grounds. No one's getting in, and no one's getting out.

As Hazel says that, Aya's thoughts fell on Razer, knowing that his attempts to bring Blake back into the fight would no doubt bring him into conflict with the White Fang. 

Aya: (Razer....)

In that moment, the heroes began to piece together the situation.

Weiss: This was all just a trap?

Ren: It appears so.

Qrow: Raven, tell me. How long have you been with them?

Cinder: Aww, don't take it personally, little bird. Your sister was a recent addition. The lion on the other hand... Entrance into the Vytal Festival was a real treat, Leonardo's been sending Salem all sorts of information for a very, very long time. Isn't that right, professor?

Lionheart: Stop it...

The revelation of Lionheart's treachery deeply angered Qrow. As for Garrus, she surveyed the situation. She quickly deduced that Vice was the biggest threat of the entire group. She knew of how powerful Vice was. Suddenly, Jaune confronted Cinder.

Jaune: What is wrong with you...? How can you be so broken inside... to take so many lives, and then come here and rub it in our faces like it's something to be proud of?!

Nora: Jaune...

Jaune: All with that damn smile on your face!! I'm gonna make you pay for what you did!! Do you hear me?! Well?! SAY SOMETHING!!

Cinder soon glances over to Jaune without a hint of emotion.

Cinder: Who are you again?

During this tense conversation, Vice's eyes surveyed Aya and the rest of Ruby's group. The Red Lantern simply scoffed. 

Vice: What interesting company Razer keeps these days. Why he bothers with such a pathetic band of weaklings is beyond me. 

Ruby: Razer is our friend and we won't let you hurt him!

Vice: Is that so, little girl? Let's see how you feel when you watch your friends die screaming.

Aya: Your overconfidence is your weakness. We will not fall so easily, Red Lantern. 

Cinder: Such bravado. Just like Nikos....

Enraged by Cinder's words, Jaune lashes out at Cinder and attacks her. It wasn't long for all hell to break loose. As Ruby's group moved to engage Cinder and her allies, Aya activated her weapons systems. The stage was set and the battle had begun. The battle to come would be fierce as neither side would give an inch as the fate of Haven Academy would be decided in this very battle.