Chapter Forty Five - Battle Of Belief

After their encounter with Ilia, Razer along with Blake and Sun rushed to the Belladonna Household to find it besieged by the White Fang.

Blake: We're too late....

Razer: No we're not. We can still fight. We're not going to let the White Fang destroy yout home! Blake, you and Sun find find your parents. I will find Ilia. 

With that, Razer along with Blake and Sun rushed inside. Inside the Belladonna Household, Razer quickly tracked down Ilia. 

Ilia: You....

Razer: Look at all this destruction and death the White Fang have wrought. Is this what you desire? 

Ilia: It's...it's a necessary sacrifice....

???: A necessary sacrifice you say? 

As the voice speaks out, Saint Walker enters the room. Razer was surprised to see him there. Ilia turned to him with anger in her eyes.

Saint Walker: The Belladonnas only seek to bring unity to the Faunus. They seek to make peace with the Humans. 

Ilia: Peace?! After what they've done! They treat us like we're animals! If we're not cheap labor, then we're worthless animals, target of ridicule! 

Saint Walker: So you would return anger with anger? hate with hate? I can see the fear in your eyes, Ilia Amitola. Fear is a dark path. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Violence is not the way. We must be better than that.

Ilia: Don't you dare patronize me! I...

As Saint Walker tries to reason with Ilia, Razer was taken aback by his words. The words resonated with Razer in ways that he couldn't fathom.

Razer: It is so easy to give in to your anger. To use your anger on those who have wronged you. But if you do so, you are no better than the ones you would destroy.

It wasn't long before Blake arrived. 

Blake: Ilia! Think about what you're doing! This isn't you!

Ilia: This is the only way for the Faunus to be truly free!

Blake: What about your parents? They wouldn't want this!

Ilia: SHUT UP! 

Ilia then attacks Blake with her weapon. As they fought, Ilia began to feel torn about her true loyalties. On one hand, she cared for Blake, but she was also committed to the White Fang's cause.

Blake: Why do you feel like we have to hurt people to get our way?!

Ilia: Because it works!

Blake: That doesn't make it right! Stop this, Ilia! I can help you!

Ilia: You only want to help yourself!

Blake: You know that's not true! Think about your parents! They wouldn't want this for you!

Ilia's emotions soon overtook her as she pressed the attack on Blake. As they locked blades, Razer and Saint Walker intervened. 

Razer: Stop this madness now before it consumes you! The White Fang is not a cause worth dying for. 

Ilia: It's necessary! We must fight back against our oppressors!

Saint Walker: I've seen what happens to those who seek vengeance. The fate of those who seek revenge is grim. It's tragic, You will end up suffering and hurting yourself even more. Even if you do succeed in getting revenge, the only thing that remains is emptiness.

In that moment, Ilia became even more conflicted about her loyalties. Despite her feelings about all of this, Ilia felt that she was too far to turn back. 

Blake: Ilia...please....don't do this. 

At this point, the battle within Ilia began to tear her apart. Deep down, she didn't want to do this. But Ilia felt that this was the only way to fight for the Faunus. Razer could see himself within Ilia. 

Razer: I know of the pain you feel. I know what it's like to dedicate yourself to a cause, only to find out the cause you've been fighting for has lost it's way. The White Fang has made the choice to walk the path it is on. But it is clear that you do not wish to walk it. Vengeance will not bring you peace, Ilia. All it will do is leave you with nothing but all that anger. 

Saint Walker: Well spoken, my friend. 

Ilia: If no one's going to do anything to stop the humans that attack us, then the only choice we have left...is to attack back!

Blake: You're wrong, there's always another choice. You have a choice here and now. 

At that point, Ilia began to break down as tears continued to fall from her face. Razer and Saint Walker could feel the strong emotions from her.

Ilia: I don't know what else to do! I don't know what else to do...

Razer:  I know exactly how you feel, Ilia. I too have felt the pain of loss and have succumbed to my anger. And because of that, countless have suffered. This does not have to be your fate. 

Saint Walker smiled at Razer's words. Ilia took a moment to reflect on her actions. She felt conflicted. While she felt obligated to follow the White Fang, she found herself unable to do so. Ilia felt her worldview unravel before her. Saint Walker then placed his hand on Ilia's shoulder and offered a comforting smile. 

Saint Walker: No matter how far you fall. No matter how dark the night becomes. The light of hope shall always guide you back on the right path. All will be will.

In that moment, Ilia had turned her back on the White Fang. Thanks to the combined efforts of Blake, Razer and Saint Walker, they had pulled Ilia out of the darkness. But the battle was not over yet.