Chapter Sixty Seven - Lost

As everyone began searching for Oscar, Razer along with Aya and Saint Walker joined up with Jaune, Nora, Ren and Saphron. As the search went nowhere, Jaune began to feel immense guilt.

Ren: This city's enormous, he could've gone anywhere.

Jaune: It's my fault. I overreacted. Me and my big mouth!

Razer: Calm yourself, Jaune. We've got calm and focused. Dwelling on the past will do us no good.

Jaune: Razer...about what I said....

Razer: You don't have to apologize, Jaune. I know what it is like to be consumed by anger.

Aya: Your reaction is natural, Jaune. Everything that has transpired the past few days have

As the group continued looking for Oscar, Saint Walker began to walk off from the group.

Nora: Hey! Where are you going?!

Saint Walker: Off for a nice walk to clear my head. I won't be long.

With that, Saint Walker left on his own, leaving the others confused by his words. Meanwhile, Oscar took this time to reflect on everything that had happened to him. As he walked the streets of Argus, he began to doubt himself. He thought about the words that were said to him by Jaune as well as Yang. It didn't take long for Oscar to develop feelings of anger and resentment. However, it was not towards them, but at the world. He soon found himself in a secluded alleyway. In the alleyway, he finds an olive coat with shoulder pads. As he puts it on, a voice calls out to him.

???: Oscar.

As the voice calls out to him, Oscar turns around to see Saint Walker. 

Oscar: Oh. It's you. X-49. What are you doing here?

Saint Walker: I wanted to speak to you. Do not worry. I am alone.

Oscar: I...I just needed time to myself.

Saint Walker: Can't say I blame you. The last few weeks have been....less than ideal. I can't even imagine what you're dealing with.

Oscar: I...I didn't ask for any of this! I...I was just a farm boy before all of this happened! Ever since....Ozpin got in my head, everything about my life has been turned upside down. After what Jaune said, I'm starting to feel as if I never had a choice.

Saint Walker: Trust me I know the feeling.

Oscar: But....you can walk away.

Saint Walker: I suppose I could. Nothing's really stopping me from walking away. But then I would be throwing away everything I believe in. You see, I stood where you once stood, on the edge of despair. 

Oscar: What happened?

Saint Walker: Before I came to Remnant, I was a priest. One day, our planet was on the verge of dying. I saw countless people in great despair. But I sought to give them hope. So I set out on a journey to give them that hope. There was a mountain where it was said that a messiah rested. It was a difficult journey, but that did not sway me. My family walked with me in support of my effort. But as we made the climb, I lost my family one by one. But I never gave up hope. When I arrived at the mountain, I found nothing but a single wall of stone. I fell into a deep despair, thinking that my family had died for nothing. But as I looked at the stone, I saw a reflection of myself. That was when I realized that I needed to keep that hope alive. With that, I returned my people and instilled the same hope that fueled me. And with our hope, we healed the Sun that would destroy us. And I was given a great gift. 

Saint Walker then shows a Blue Ring. Oscar didn't know what to say. To hear that Saint Walker had lost his entire family deeply saddened him. 

Oscar: I...I'm sorry. I can't imagine how that must've...

Saint Walker: My family....I still miss them. I miss them everyday. But whenever I feel despair take hold of me, I always say to myself "All will be well." I say this because hope is the greatest weapon one can wield. We are not so different, you and I.

Oscar: How? I...I'm nothing like you. 

Saint Walker: I don't think so. You have endured so much since you started on this path and you have remained strong. I believe you can be the beacon of hope that Remnant needs. Give off light, or darkness, Oscar. Be a candle, or the night.

Oscar took a moment to reflect on Saint Walker's words. It gave Oscar what he desperately needed: hope. 

Oscar: T....thanks, Saint Walker.

Saint Walker: Now let's get back.

With that, Saint Walker and Oscar returned to the Arc Family Home. As the Sun began to set, everyone returned to the house, shocked to see Oscar inside with Saint Walker.

Oscar: I thought you guys would appreciate a hot meal after... spending all day looking for me, apparently.

Razer: Saint Walker. I should've known. 

Saint Walker: I go where I'm needed. 

Jaune: It's my fault we were all out there in the first place. Oscar, I am so sorry for earlier. I was way, way out of line, and what I said...

Oscar: No, it's okay. These past few days, I've been scared of the same things you were. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be... me. But I did some thinking, and I do know that I want to do everything I can to help with whatever time I have left.

Qrow: I hate to interrupt this celebration, but we're not a single step closer to Atlas.

Jaune: Actually, I think I have an idea. But...it's sort of a "no-going-back" kind of idea.

Aya: What do you have in mind?

Jaune: With Cordo on watch, only Atlas airships have the clearance to leave for Solitas. So... we... steal an Atlas airship.

Upon hearing this, the group became silent.

Weiss: That's not just breaking the law. That's... that's definitely worse.

Yang: How would we even get onto the airfield?

Jaune: That part I haven't quite figured out yet. But I....

Qrow: Okay, stop. Just... stop! Look, if this thing goes south, it's not something we can just fight our way out of. This is the Atlas Military we're talking about. For your sake, just drop this.

Ruby: I want to hear him out.

Qrow: Ruby...

Ruby: I want to hear him out! I know you're trying to protect us, that you're afraid we can't do it, but right now, I don't really care what you think!

Qrow was shocked at Ruby's tone. She had never talked to him that way before.

Ruby: Just because you don't have an idea, doesn't mean we're out of options! Oz hasn't been here to tell us what to do, but we still managed to get this far anyway. We've been in bad situations before, and we don't need an adult to come save us or tell us what to do. We just did it our way! And I say we do it our way. And if you think you can keep up with us "kids"... we'd be happy to have you.

Razer: Ruby's right, Qrow. This plan might actually work. And besides, it's not like we have any other options open to us.

With that, everyone agreed on Jaune's proposal to steal an Atlas Airship from the Argus Military Base. However, this plan would soon encounter unforeseen complications.