Chapter Sixteen - Dance Dance Infiltration

On the day of the Dance, Razer makes his way to the ballroom where the Dance was being held. As he approaches door, Razer uses his Ring to alter his Red Lantern Battle Armor to take on the appearance of traditional Volkreg attire. As he entered the ballroom, Razer was greeted by Yang.

Yang: Hey, Razer! Welcome to the Dance!

Razer nods to Yang as he walks into the ballroom. As Razer enters the ballroom, he looks around to see the entire room packed with people having fun. He sees Blake attending the Dance who was seen talking to Sun. Every student was in attendance. Being in this kind of environment took Razer aback. It wasn't long until he was approached by Aya.

Aya: Hello, Razer. I'm glad you could make it.

Razer: It seems you and Ruby's plot to get me to go to this dance has worked.

Aya: Ruby and her friends worked really hard on this dance.

Razer looked around at the ballroom. He could tell that Ruby and the others put a lot of work into this. As he looks around, Aya speaks up.

Aya: May I have this dance, Razer?

Razer: I don't dance.

Aya: I am quite well versed in several dances. I shall lead.

Without warning, Aya pulls Razer onto the dance floor. Annoyed, all Razer could do was follow Aya's move. Razer could barely keep up with Aya, but she kept Razer on his feet. As they continued to dance, Razer kept his eyes on Aya's face. In Aya, he saw a near splitting image of his late wife Ilana. Aya could tell that something was off.

Aya: Is something wrong, Razer? Your heartbeat has increased.

Razer: It's nothing. You....you remind me of someone I knew.

Aya was puzzled about Razer's words. Despite this, she smiled as she continued to dance with him. During their dance, Ruby bumps into them.

Ruby: Oh! Sorry, guys!

Aya: It's quite alright, Ruby.

Razer: It seems you and your team did a good job on this dance.

Ruby: Yeah. We did, didn't we? I'm glad you and Blake got around to coming to this dance!

Razer: I had my reservations, but I realized that life was too short to pass on moments like these.

Ruby smiled at Razer's words as she walked away and enjoyed the dance as much as she could. As the dance continued, Emerald and Mercury entered the ballroom while Cinder was no where to be seen. During all this, Razer and Aya looked over the dance. They glanced over to see a dance routine from Team JNPR. They were both puzzled to see Jaune wearing a dress. As all of this happened, Emerald spoke with Cinder via communicators.

Emerald: It appears all the dancers have partners.

Cinder(Communicator): How long do I have?

Mercury: You should probably be home by midnight, to be safe.

Meanwhile outside the Vale CCT Tower, a disguised Cinder stealthily enters the building. Back at the ballroom, Ruby decided to talk a walk outside. As Ruby walked outside, to see an unconscious guard. Without hesitation, Ruby enters the CCT Tower. At the same time back in the ballroom, Razer decides to walk outside for some fresh air. As Aya joins him, he sees Ruby heading towards the Tower.

Razer: What are you up to, Ruby?

Following Ruby's lead, Razer and Aya follows Ruby. Inside the tower, Cinder makes her way to the console controls to the tower. As she uploads a program into the console, she is contacted by Emerald and Mercury. 

Emerald(Communicator): A party guest is leaving.

Cinder: Which one?

Emerald(Communicator): Ironwood.

Mercury(Communicator): I guess the general's had enough fun for one night. Should we intervene?

As Mercury said that, the upload was finished. 

Cinder: No. We're done here..

With that, Cinder leaves the Tower. As Cinder does so, she begins making her exit, but is suddenly caught by Ruby. 

Ruby: Excuse me? You know, it's not a masquerade party, so why don't you take off that...

Cinder began attacking Ruby by using Dust to form glass crystals and blasts them at Ruby. A brawl broke out between Cinder and Ruby. During the fighting, Cinder gains the upper on Ruby. However, Razer and Aya intervene by attacking Cinder. 

Razer: It seems we have a rat scurrying around in the dark.

Aya: Cease all hostilities.

As Razer and Aya attacks Cinder, she dodges and forms a bow. Cinder fires three arrows that explode on impact with the floor, Ruby gets pushed back and stumbles on her heels, but manages to hold her ground. One of the arrows flies towards Razer and Aya. Without hesitation, Razer forms a protective barrier around him and Aya. The arrow hits the barrier and consumes them both in an powerful explosion. Seizing the opportunity, Cinder runs off. As Ruby regains her footing, she checks on Razer and Aya.  

Ruby: Razer! Aya!

As the smoke cleared, Razer and Aya appeared unharmed by the explosion caused by Cinder's arrows with the exception of his suit being scorched. After that, Ironwood arrives at the scene. Meanwhile, Cinder abandons her disguise and arrives back at the ballroom. As Cinder approaches Emerald and Mercury, she speaks with them.

Mercury: And how's your night been?

Cinder: Mmm... a little more exciting than expected.

Mercury: Should we be worried?

Cinder: Hardly... They'll be scratching their heads long after we finished what we came here for.

Mercury: So then what now?

Cinder: Enjoy the rest of the night. After all, it is a party.

With that, Cinder and her allies completed the first stage of their plans for their master. The infiltration was a success.