Chapter Twenty Six - Fall

As the Vytal Festival continued, Razer reflected on all that had happened within the past few days. In his room, Razer  glances over to the TV which was airing the match between Yang and Mercury Black. He watched Yang fighting Mercury Black from Cinder Fall's team. He watched as Yang mopped the floor with him. It seemed as if Yang had won the match.

Port(TV): What a way to kick off the finals!

Oobleck(TV): Yang Xiao Long wins!

As the announcement was made, the Red Lantern smiled at Yang's performance. Suddenly, there was a strange occurrence. Yang seemed to charge at a defenseless Mercury and seemingly broke his leg. The feed was soon abruptly cut. Shocked by what just happened, Razer rushes to Team RWBY's Dorm. When he arrives, Razer found General Ironwood in the room.

Razer: I came as quickly as I could!

Ironwood: Your intervention is not necessary. The matter has been settled.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

It was in that moment that Razer stepped in, knowing something was off about the entire situation.

Razer: Are you really going to believe that Yang would attack someone like that? She would never do something like that! 

Ironwood: That's ENOUGH! The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified.

As Ironwood says this, the room fell silent. Team RWBY was shocked while Razer was enraged.

Razer: Just like that?! You're not even going to bother to try and investigate this?! Where is the justice in this?!

Ironwood: I will not have my authority undermined. The decision has been made. This discussion is finished.

With that, Ironwood left the room. Razer was seething in rage. After a moment, Razer regained his composure.

Razer: Yang, tell me what happened?

Yang: I saw him attack me, so I attacked back! You've got to believe me!

Razer: Of course I believe you. Something about all this is out of place. I'm going to find out what.

Weiss: Your kindness is much appreciated, but I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done.

Razer: If that fool won't help, then I'll have to take matters into my own hands.

Ruby: We don't want you to get in trouble, Razer.

Razer: If the General seeks to get in my way, then he'll regret it. Yang, I will find out who's responsible for this. I will prove your innocence. 

With that, Razer exits Team RWBY's dorm, eager to begin his investigation. Just as Razer was about to building, he was approached by Ironwood.

Ironwood: I wanted to apologize for what I said back there. I know you mean well but....

Razer: Save it. I have nothing to say to blind fools who can't see a clear deception. 

Ironwood: That may well be, but even you must understand that people will believe what they want to see. People will look at that footage and see Yang Xiao Long attacking a defenseless student, deception or not.

Razer: But you're still willing to drag Yang's name through the mud? That is an act of cowardice. 

As Razer said this, he and Ironwood stared each other down. After a moment, Ironwood spoke to Razer. 

Ironwood: Ozpin and Aya both told me that you were someone to be trusted. But that doesn't mean that I won't be keeping a close eye on you.

Upon hearing this from Ironwood, Razer wasn't surprised. He turned to face the Atlesian General, seething with rage. Somehow, the mention of Aya seemed to spur Razer's anger. Despite this, Razer restrained himself. 

Razer: I am going to find out who is behind this. I will only give you one fair warning. Do not get in my way. 

As Razer made his warnings clear, Ironwood took note a Razer's response. He glances over to Razer's Red Lantern Ring. He had been informed about the powers the Ring was capable of. Despite Ironwood's own interest in the power of Razer's Ring, he respected Ozpin's wishes. 

With that, Razer walked out of the building. He is immediately greeted by Aya. 

Aya: Hello, Razer. Are you well?

Razer: No. I am not. 

Aya: I saw what happened at the Vytal Festival. I did not expect Yang to be so...

Razer: Yang did not do this. She would never do this. 

Aya: So you believe that the footage was tampered with? This was seen live as well by thousands of people. 

Razer: Which is why I intend to get to the bottom of this, starting with Mercury Black. He knows something. 

Aya: I will accompany you. 

Razer: That won't be necessary. I can handle this myself. 

Aya: If it's all the same to you, I would like to accompany you all the same. 

With that, Aya joined Razer in his mission to prove Yang's innocence. But what Razer and Aya didn't know was that this was only the beginning of something more sinister.