Chapter Fourteen - Extracurricular

After the events of the previous day, Razer and Team RWBY were at Glynda's combat class. They all watched as Pyrrha Nikos won an overwhelming victory against all of Team CRDL. Razer was deeply impressed at Pyrrha's combat prowess.

Glynda: Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna? You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you.....

It was clear to Team RWBY that Blake was exhausted. But as Glynda was about to point this out, Mercury Black raises his hand.

Mercury: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight...her.

Mercury points to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Me?

Glynda: I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner.

Pyrrha: No, it's fine! I'd be happy to oblige.

As the sparring match was arranged between Pyrrha and Mercury, the entire class including Razer watched as the match began. The match didn't last long as Pyrrha soundly defeated Mercury.

Razer: Hhm....

Glynda: That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses.

With that, class was dismissed. As Razer met with Team RWBY outside Beacon, he saw Blake being hostile to Sun Wukong. He soon learns that this was about the dance and that she had no interest in it as she wanted to focus on her investigation. Later on, Razer and the rest of Team RWBY meet with Blake in the dorm room.

Ruby: We want you to go to the dance.

Blake: That's ridiculous.

Yang: Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head.

Weiss: You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering.

Blake: You think I care about grades? People's lives are at stake!

Yang: We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to.

Ruby: Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale.

Weiss: And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months.

Yang: Don't forget about their missing military tech too.

Despite all these apparent successes in their investigation, Blake remained stubborn. It was at this point that Razer stepped in.

Razer: Blake is right. This dance is a colossal waste of time.

Blake: Thank you, Razer. I'm glad someone understands.

Razer: However, it is clear to me that you pushing yourself too hard. While I admire your drive, running yourself ragged like this won't do you any good. At the end of the day, you're still flesh and blood.

Blake: But there's still unanswered questions!

Ruby: Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!

Yang: All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day.

Weiss: It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it.

Yang: Yeah! We're planning the whole event!

Upon hearing this, Blake became confused.

Blake: Excuse me?

Weiss: Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected.

Yang: So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night.

Weiss: And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested and ready.

Ruby: So what do ya think?

Blake: I think this is a colossal waste of time.

As Blake prepared to walk away, Razer stepped in once more in an attempt to try and talk some sense into Blake.

Razer: You're not well, Blake. You're sleep deprived. You haven't eaten anything in days. At this point, you'll collapse or worse. Then you'll be useless. Dead weight.

Yang: Sheesh, Razer. That's a little harsh.

Razer: It's a fact. If we were to face Torchwick or the White Fang in Blake's current condition, she'd be a burden weighing us down.

Blake: I'm fine.

Razer: You're wasting away. You're wasting whatever strength you have that would be better used against the enemy.

Blake: So you're saying I should drop everything we've been working towards just to go to some stupid dance?

Yang: Of course not. We're saying you should take it easy. Give your body some time to rest.

Blake: I'll be in the library.

Blake remained stubborn and walked away. Razer showed indifference to Blake's stubbornness.

Yang: Great.

Weiss: She can't keep going on like this.

Out of the blue, Jaune stepped in to try and ask Weiss out to the dance, but is promptly rejected. After a moment, Jaune leaves dejected.

Yang: And that is why they call you the Ice Queen.

Weiss: All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind.

Ruby: Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go.

It soon became clear that trying to get Blake to come to the dance would be a challenge as she was dead set on continuing the investigation even as it began to take a physical and mental toll on her health. Razer soon began walking away.

Ruby: Where are you going?

Razer: To the Emerald Forest. It is clear that Blake has no interest in her own wellbeing. So why should I?

Weiss: And people say I'm cold.

Yang: Did you really have to say those things back there, Razer? You didn't exactly help our case.

Razer: I simply said the truth. If she finds the truth cruel, then that is one her. If she refuses to see reason, then that is on her. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off.

With that, Razer left the dorms to make his way to the Emerald Forest. Within the Emerald Forest, Razer would reflect on all that has happened.