Chapter Three - Razer's Edge

In the war torn world of Volkreg, the warlords have pillaged the land of Volkreg, leaving the entire planet in constant war. A civil war soon broke out between the warlords and the local milita that formed to rise up against the warlords. Living any kind of life on Volkreg was a constant struggle just to survive. Such a life forced Razer to become harsh. During his hard life, Razer found love in a beautiful woman named Ilana. Despite the constant violence, Razer and Ilana did everything they could to live out a normal life. One day in that broken remains of their home, Razer and Ilana looked to the horizon. The distant sound of battle was replaced by the sound of silence.

Ilana: The fighting has stopped.

Razer: For now but they'll be back. The warlords always come back.

Ilana: Maybe someday they'll leave us alone. The Forgotten Zone can be a place where we can raise a family. Without worry. Without fear.

As Ilana held her husband's arms, Razer took a moment to gaze on the horizon. He then looked to his wife. Life on Volkreg forced Razer and Ilana to marry at a young age, not knowing how long they would live. All Razer wanted was for his beloved wife to be safe and happy. It was in that moment that Razer came to a decision.

Razer: I'm going to make that happen. By joining the Militia.

Ilana: Razer no! Please no!

Razer: I'm sick of hiding while the warlords take what they want!

Ilana: You think more fighting will help? Our people need teachers and doctors and builders, not more soldiers!

Razer: I'll gain power in the Militia and protect everyone, especially the ones I care about most.

Razer then held his wife and kissed her forehead. Ilana then placed her hand on Razer's face. In the weeks that followed Razer's decision, he joined up with the Militia and gained the power he sought, fighting the warlords in countless battles. He witnessed countless atrocities during his time as a soldier. But throughout all of this, Razer never stopped thinking about Ilana. On one fateful day, Razer received word that the warlords had just attacked a settlement. But this wasn't just any settlement. It was the settlement that Razer and Ilana called home. Without hesitation, Razer rushed back to the settlement only to find it in smoldering ruin.

Razer: No....

Razer then rushed to his home with weapons in hand. When he finally reached home, he rushed inside to find Ilana.

Razer: Ilana?! Ilana!

As Razer searched his home, he found Ilana's lifeless body on the ground. Horrified, Razer dropped his weapons and collapsed on his knees. He cradled his wife's lifeless body in his arms as tears began streaming down his face.

Razer: But....I came back for you. I came back for you. I came back. I came back for.....

Razer paused as he was stricken with grief. Razer was soon overcome with grief and anger.

Razer: I CAME BACK FOR YOU!

As Razer was stricken with inconsolable grief, anger gripped his heart. The warlords had taken his wife. As he wallowed in grief and anger, a red ring flew in front of Razer.

Red Ring: Razer of Volkreg, you have great rage in your heart. You belong to the Red Lantern Corps. Give in....the ring knows your pain.

As Razer was given the offer, Razer's grief over Ilana's death turned to anger. Hate and anger soon gripped Razer's heart as he desired vengeance.

Razer: Someone must pay!

In that moment, Razer accepted the Red Lantern Ring. In Razer's mind, he had nothing left to lose. The only thing that brought him any joy in his life was gone. His heart had been consumed by anger and revenge. He held out his hand and the Ring flew into his finger. Immediately, Razer underwent a painful transformation as he was inducted into the Red Lantern Corps. Razer then lets out a painful scream which seemed to echo across all of Volkreg. As Razer screamed, he found himself at his Dorm Room at Beacon Academy. He looked around the room in cold sweat. 

Razer: It was....just a dream.....

As Razer took a moment to compose himself, a knock came at the door. Much to his annoyance, Razer answered the door to find Team RWBY outside.

Razer: What? 

Ruby: Is...is everything alright? We heard screaming. 

Razer: It's fine. 

Blake: Pretty sure I heard you call out someone's name in there. Ilana....

As Blake mentioned Ilana's name, Razer became hostile.

Razer: Do not speak that name again!

Yang: Geez....take it easy!

Razer: I don't have time for this. If there's a reason why you're here, then get on with it and leave me in peace.

Weiss: It's almost time for class. We didn't see you leave your dorm so we made sure you didn't oversleep. 

Razer: And now you've done what you came here for. Now leave. I will be at class shortly. 

Yang: What's your problem?! We're just trying to....

Before Yang could finish her sentence, Razer shut the door. At that point, all Team RWBY could do was leave for class. Inside his room, Razer took a moment to ponder. As he reflected on his memories, Razer looked upon his Red Lantern Ring with resentment in his eyes, regretting his decision to join the Red Lanterns. That fateful decision has haunted Razer ever since. 

Razer: Never again.....

With that, Razer gathered his bearings and leaves his Dorm Room. Razer then prepare himself for his first day as a student of Beacon Academy.