Chapter Sixty Nine - Seeing Red

As Jaune's plan began to fall apart, Razer and Blake were tasked were tasked with disabling the two radar towers to ensure that Weiss was able to fulfil her part of the plan. As Razer reached one of the radar stations, the guards stopped him.

Atlas Soldier: Stop right there! This is a restricted area!

Without hesitation, Razer attacks and knocks out all the guards with his Ring. Meanwhile, Blake reached the other radar tower. To her shock, she found several lifeless bodies scattered across the facility. Suddenly, she was attacked by Adam Taurus.

Adam: It's nice to finally have time to ourselves. Don't you think?

Blake: Leave me alone!

Adam: Why did you have to come into my life and ruin everything?!

Blake: You stalked me across Anima! I don't want anything to do with your life!

Blake and Adam continued to fight one another with Adam being the aggressor. Blake soon found herself on the defensive.

Blake: Let go of the past, Adam. Do it for yourself.

Adam: Just forget it all? Is that what you did to me?! You just threw our memories away?!

Blake: Adam!

Adam: I let you go once already, Blake. I'm never making that mistake again...

As Blake fought Adam, Razer eventually reached the radar. He formed a construct of a sword with his Ring and proceeds to slice it to pieces. Once that radar was destroyed, he contacts Blake. 

Razer: Blake, I've destroyed the radar tower on my end. What of yours?

As Razer attempts to contact Blake, he hears nothing but static. Razer senses something wrong as he becomes concerned. Trusting his instincts, Razer begins rushing to where she was. Back at the other relay station, the fight between Blake and Adam took a turn when Yang joined the fight. As the Blake and Yang fought side by side, Yang's arm begins to tremble slightly. Despite this, Yang didn't stop.

Yang: Leave. Us. Alone. This is your last chance.

Adam: Heh, do you really believe that? Or are you just trying to scare me away so you won't have to die trying to protect her?

Angered by Adam's words, Yang prepares to fight him again despite her hand still trembling. Suddenly, Blake takes Yang's hand with her own.

Blake: We're protecting each other.

With that, Blake and Yang fight Adam together. Despite their numbers, Blake and Yang were unable to break through Adam's defenses.

Adam: You knew you couldn't win two-on-one at Haven. What makes you so sure you can win now?

Blake: I don't have a choice. I have people who actually care about me, and I promised I'd never leave them again. So I'm not dying now.

Adam: You've been in my head for long enough. By killing you, I'll be free.

Adam soon glances over to Yang.

Adam: You know, she made a promise to me once. That she'd always be at my side. Heh, and look how well she's kept it.

Yang: Did she make that promise to you? Or to the person you were pretending to be?

Adam: So I wasn't just good enough for you?

Blake: You know it's so much more than that.

Adam: I know you've made your choice... and I've made mine.

As the fight dragged on, Adam began to overwhelm Blake and Yang. Soon enough, he had them at his mercy.

Adam: Now die....

Before Adam could kill Blake and Yang, Razer attacks Adam, forcing him back. Adam becomes enraged at the sight of Razer. 

Adam: You.....

Razer: You will not hurt them. 

Adam: I've got nothing left to lose. The cause abandoned me. All that I have left is Blake. Killing her will free me.

Razer: You've done that yourself! I'm giving you one chance to stand down and walk away.

As Razer issued his ultimatum, Adam began to laugh as he gripped Wilt And Bush. Razer maintained his composure as he prepared his Ring.

Blake: Razer...

Razer: Blake, you and Yang stay back. I'll handle him.

Yang: You're gonna need our help, Razer. This guy's dangerous.

Razer: You two have done all you can. I will handle the rest. There is no need to put yourselves in further risk.

Adam: You should've stayed out of this, alien. Now you will die alongside Blake.

Razer: You've caused enough damage to this poor girl, Taurus. Now I gave you a chance to back away. Now you've left me with no choice!

With a snarl, Adam charges at Razer and swings his sword at her. In response, Razer forms a construct of a sword and blocks the attack.

Adam: Defend her all you like! It won't make a difference!

As Adam got close, Razer pressed the attack, but Adam soon kicked him away. 

Adam: I won't let you stand in my way!

Consumed by his anger and rage, Adam charges up his Moonslice Semblance. As his body began to glow red, Blake warns Razer.

Blake: Razer! Don't let Adam hit you! His Semblance absorbs energy through his sword, stores it up and then sends it back outward!

Heeding Blake's warning, Razer fires a blast of red energy as Adam uses his Moonslice to send out a large attack at Razer. The red energy manages to redirect the attack away. Adam then charges at him. Adam then generates afterimages of himself as he attacks Razer. As Razer and Adam dueled, the renegade Red Lantern quickly overwhelmed Adam. Razer disarms Adam before impaling him with a construct sword. 

Adam: Oh.....

Adam then falls off the edge of the cliff. On his fall down, his body hits the cliffside with a sickening crunch, before disappearing into the water below. Blake falls to her knees as Yang runs to her. Blake began to sob as Yang embraced her.

Blake: I... I am not going to break my promise, I swear.

Yang: I know you won't.

As Blake and Yang embraced one another, Razer approached them.

Razer: Are you two alright?

Blake: We're...we're fine, Tali. How about you?

Razer: Good, thanks to you. But we need to regroup with the others.

Blake: I...I was unable to deactivate the radar.

Razer: It doesn't matter now. We must keep going.

With that, Razer along with Blake and Yang left the waterfall to join the others to adapt the plan. Meanwhile, Adam Taurus washed up on shore after being cut down by Razer. Barely alive, Adam crawled to shore. As he lost consciousness, a Red Ring flew to him.

Red Ring: Adam Taurus of Remnant, you have great rage in your heart. You belong to the Red Lantern Corps. Give in....the ring knows your anger.

With nothing left, Adam accepted the Ring. As Adam accepted the Ring, he underwent the painful transformation into a Red Lantern. After that, Adam suddenly flew away, heading to an unknown destination.