XI

Hiii 👋. My schedule is more free so I'm baaaaack. 

━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━

Episode Nine :

"The Aftermath "

━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━

What seemed like the impossible had finally happened much to the displeasure of one, Zhang Daiyu. F4 had all but dropped her. It had been days since the party and after the confrontation at Jing's party, where Lei stormed off before Daiyu could say anything, and Daiyu hadn't anything from any of them since. 

Surprisingly, Rui hadn't turned away from her after learning of what she did. Which did surprise her a bit. He learned she spent a hefty sum of money to a hacker to invade Jing's privacy, find information to make her look bad, and expose it all to her parents therefore ruining whatever plan Jing had before. Even Daiyu was expecting her friends to be upset but not to the extent of all but publicly dropping her from their friendship circle. So the fact Rui hadn't was both comforting but disturbing. 

"Still nothing?" Rui asked Daiyu while finishing up the crepes. He had noticed how often her eyes kept flickering over to her phone. "Maybe you should apologize first. That way all of this will be over with."

"And what do I have to apologize for? Exposing someone for being the snake they are?" Daiyu asked sounding annoyed. She turned her phone around so she wouldn't see the screen anymore. "Ah Si and me were already having issues, if Lei refuses to see the good I just did for him then that's on him." Rui placed the plate of crepes in front of her and she angrily took one and bit into it. 

"It sounds more like you're convincing yourself that you're fine if anything," Rui sat down next to her. Despite not knowing each other long he knew the Zhang girl was beyond frustrated at the lack of control she had over her childhood friends being mad at her and was missing them more than anything. "You've been friends since you were little. Is this really how you want it to end?"

Daiyu stayed silent as she kept eating away at the food Rui made. He let out a sigh before wrapping an arm around her, pulled her into his chest and instead they ate breakfast in a strange bliss that neither minded. The staff stared at the scene in disbelief while hiding around the corner of the dining room, wondering if Rui was a being sent from heaven. 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

School was hardly any better. All anyone could talk about was Jing's party, how it ended so suddenly, Jing just suddenly disappeared and no one had seen her since, and how everyone was sure Daiyu had something to do with all of it. Said Zhang girl took it all in stride and tuned out the malicious rumors and eyes at her, feeling actually satisfied in herself.