XXXII

Hi, hi 👋 ! My theater intensive is officially over and yes it lasted all of last month. July I mean. So i have returned to finish Daiyu's story along with F4's and Rui's 💕💕.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Twenty Five:
"The Heavy Night"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"My heart is not at ease." Ximen said after downing a shot of alcohol.

The five of them, Rui had come along with Daiyu, all sat around a table at one of Daiyu's favorite bars. After the wrecking ball that was Si's birthday party they had all escaped, not wanting to get questioned by Si's mother, or monopolized if you were Daiyu. Thankfully, they all carried a spare change of casual clothes at each other's house so after a quick stop at the Zhang manor the five came here to reflect and wind-down.

"I'll probably have nightmares from what happened tonight." Meizuo confessed looking worried.

"Try being accosted by your friends mother. I think I'm going to need the university's guidance counselor." Daiyu added with a frown on her face.

Rui looked over at his girlfriend, squeezing her stretched out hand to try and comfort her. He was still uneasy by the reality check he got at Si's party that he and Daiyu truly lived in separate worlds, where in her's he was nothing more than her guest. He wasn't sure what to make of this fact, still fresh from running away from Si's party, and realizing that said friends mom wanted them together.

But right now he was just an amazing women's boyfriend trying to provide her some comfort.

"Can you even fall asleep?" Ximen asked the two of them. Daiyu just shrugged as she brought her glass of bourbon up to her mouth and took a long sip. "I wouldn't even dare to turn off the lights. I'm afraid that I'll hear a gunshot outside the window to punish me for helping Si and Shancai."

"I'm fine, everyone knows I barely tolerate her. The three of just had to play fairy godmother's to her." Daiyu spoke up. She turned to look at Lei who immediately turned his head the other way to avoid her accusing glare. "Oh dear Lei-lei. Do you mind telling us how the nutrition student knew to play the piano so beautifully?"

"..." Lei kept silent as he adjusted his sweater collar.

"Lei-lei. Share with the class before we make our own assumptions."

"It's not whatever your thinking. I only taught her once. I'm not sure when she practiced by herself." Lei confessed looking like he was just caught by his mother with his hand in the cookie jar.

"But so what if she was able to play the piano? It still turned out that way today." Ximen reminded them.

"At this point, I don't think there's anything any one of you can do. Si's mother doesn't seem like the type to change their minds once their set on something." Rui added. The four childhood friends made a sour expression after hearing the harsh reality.

"Princess, your mother and Si's are cut from the cloth. If anyone knows the best way to fix things you would."

"My mom likes you morons to a degree. She knows there's more value in our families being friends than hating you so she lets me do what I want with all of you. Si's mother is never going to be pleased until she has Si living her perfect life for him." Daiyu explained. She rubbed her temples with her free hand feeling the headache start from the front of her forehead.