XXXIV

Have I finally remembered Daiyu's parents are an actual thing, part of the plot, and aren't just invisible figures to mention here and there? Yes.

Does this really matter to anyone? I have no clue.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Twenty Seven:
"Wink for Gold"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"You look happy today, lady Zhang." One of the countless house keepers told Daiyu.

"Why wouldn't I be? Both of my parents are going to finally be under the same roof as me in years. I'm a free woman, and I don't have to entertain the train wreck that is Lei, Shancai, Si and his new fiancee." She explained. She fixed the front strands of her hair to frame her face better, and frowned at the blonde. "Do you think it's time I return to my natural hair color? Summer is coming and I have been ruling as a blonde for quite a while now."

"If that's what you wish my lady. I believe you've donned on this color for five years now." The housekeeper said looking at her blonde hair as well.

Daiyu curled the strand around her finger, frowning at she started to see split ends, when she heard a commotion coming from downstairs. She sat up in her chair meant for her dresser, trying to force herself to hear what was happening downstairs.

"I believe that's your parents with their luggage." The housekeeper told Daiyu. They tried to muffle their laughter as the once, terrifying, domineering Zhang Daiyu look like a child on christmas day as she ran out of her room and headed downstairs.

"Mom! Dad!" Daiyu exclaimed entering the main area of the Zhang Mansion. The gold, white and black aesthetic of the entrance did its purpose of flawlessly showing off the Zhang family's wealth while being effortlessly gorgeous.

"Little rabbit! When did you grow up so beautifully?" Her father, Haoxuan, asked while wrapping her in a bear hug.

Mey smiled at the heartwarming moment, touched as well by the family reunion. "Be careful with her. She's still as delicate as when she was a child."

"My little rabbit? From what I've heard for you, honey, she's grown fangs and teeth like you. I'm sure a simple hug won't be a problem." Haoxuan teased his wife while ruffling his daughters hair.

Mey rolled her eyes but the smile stayed as she cupped her daughters face after her husband finally let her go. "I know I've been gone awhile so mommy daughter time is a must."

"Honey, we haven't had a decent conversation in years due to the time zone difference. Your girl time can happy later." Haoxuan argued.

"It's women and children first, not men and their daughters."

"You're both here for the long haul. I can just tell the both of you what's happened since you've been gone now." Daiyu immediately chimed in before her parents could argue.

A lawyer father, who she suspected got a kick out of arguing and practically verbally attacking his opponent, and her mother, who relished in being a stubborn, diva, business women, and the two could argue circles around each other for ages. Most people could hear these sessions and think they hated each other but after more than twenty years of being married Daiyu couldn't recall a single time her parents seriously fought.

"What a brilliant idea. See honey, she gets her IQ points from me."

"She compromised, a useful business skill. She got it from me, don't lie to yourself."