XXV

My day was so confusing. And I wish it just went the way I wanted to, but life said no. I'm obsessed with this song right now, and I'm sharing it with all of you.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾Episode Eighteen :"Fashion Queen, Daiyu"≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Eighteen :
"Fashion Queen, Daiyu"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Daiyu really didn't want to sit there and pretend she cared about the competition anymore. Whether or not Shancai won, meant nothing to her. What did matter was the fact that Qin Xuanbing somehow had her number, and was practically threatening her to leave Rui or else.

An empty threat, since one long enough call to either of her parents and she'd be the owner of the Xihuang Jewelry Group before the week was up. Hell, she was entertaining the idea even now as the judges were eating the contestants dishes to decide who was getting eliminated.

"This is taking forever. I want to go home." Daiyu muttered although Meizuo heard her. He nudged her in the side, leaning in to whisper in her ear.

"Smile and pretend likes your interested." He said and she rolled her eyes before looking at her phone.

When it was break time to announce the next round, it's rules, and how many people were going to be eliminated, Daiyu excused herself to go to the bathroom which Si waved her off, eyes focused on Shancai.

"Qin Xuanbing... you must have nerves of steel to try and order me around." Daiyu said as she stared at her reflection. Noticing her lipstick had slightly lost its color, she opened her purse and took out her lipstick to reapply.

For a few moments, she considered her options on what she should do about Xuanbing and her poor attempt at a threat. A part of her wanted to be dramatic, make a plan to pit Rui against Xuanbing, while also garnering so much sympathy and attention from him and the others she'd drown in it. But one look at her face and that idea instantly went down the drain. All that time and money spent on making sure she had no blemishes, acne scars, pimples, and smooth skin wasn't going to be wasted on some jealous heiress who couldn't get what she wanted, so she had to resort to begging.

'Well then, if not that then what else can I do? Besides, buying the family company and becoming her boss.' Daiyu thought while looking at her phone. And then suddenly, the answer became clear to her. Although, it was much too boring for her taste it was the more... reasonable one.

She reopened her phone, took a screenshot of the messages and sent it to Rui along with a simple ?. Feeling satisfied, she checked to make sure her lipstick hadn't speared before leaving the bathroom to head back to the contest, where she really hoped it was already the last round.

She lingered by the doorway, hearing the announcer declare it was the end of their break and the results were going to be announced. She rushed down the aisle, and slide into her next to Meizuo. Thankfully, Si was more occupied with waiting for the results to be announced than question her on why she left for so long, missing his precious Shancai's interview.