XXII

we reached five k reads and all i had to do was cause romance drama. It's been raining all day, there's a wet patch/ on my bedroom ceiling now and I've just been checking on the last few chapters to see how they're doing.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾Episode Seventeen :"To make up, or break up"≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Seventeen :
"To make up, or break up"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The silence between the two was choking. Daiyu didn't know what to say to the man she had been avoiding for the week, and she was still trying to figure out the best way to kill Si without getting arrested for it. She pulled at her jacket, looking around to see people were enjoying their dinner in peace while she was suffering. Bitches.

"bǎobèi... can you please just look at me?"

"Don't call me that. Save that for your Qin Xuanbing." Daiyu snapped instinctively. She didn't like how she was so affected by him looking so hurt by her words.

"There is no my Xuanbing. I just want to be your Rui." He told her making her frown at how touched she was by his words. But then she remembered all the emails and texts she found and was mad all over again.

"How can you be my anything when I don't even know if you've been honest with me? Just the fact alone you never told me about Xuanbing speaks volumes about how much trust you have in me." Daiyu said stabbing her plate of duck with her fork.

"I never told you about her because I thought there was no point. You matter more to me in these past few months than she ever has since I've met her." Rui continued to try and convince Daiyu.

"If you can hide and lie about her, you can do it about anything. Your new bodyguard friend, Peng Fei, attacked you and you had to get saved by Feifei. You saw Xuanbing almost everyday, before and after you met me, and before and after the car crash. Which she wasn't even suppose to join you for but you let her." Daiyu listed off, leaning on her chair.

"How do you even..." Rui trailed off, the answer coming to him as quickly as the question. "Huangfu."

"Mostly. Don't blame him though, I find my family's name and an expensive looking check can go a long way." Daiyu told him. She tapped the side of her wine glass wishing a waiter would come and refill her glass. "Look, let's just end things now. I can't trust you the same way I did before, whether or not you actually cheated, the fact is that you've hidden and lied to me about things. I have always been honest with you, even when my instincts were telling me to. I don't even know the full extent of it all and I don't want to. I'm sorry that Si called you up here, for wasting yours and everyone else's time but this is just how-"

"No it doesn't! Bǎobèi, if you just... give me a second chance I promise I'll tell you everything. No more hiding things. Just... please. Don't... say it's over. I don't want it to be over, I'm not ready for it to be over." Rui covered Daiyu's hands with his own. Daiyu stiffened seeing his eyes tear up. She never had the person she was dating cry and seemed to genuinely mean it.