XXIII

new carpet, my school semester is almost over, and a family friend's mom is coming over for a few days. i've also learnt, once again, you can't trust people in a group project cause they're just going to let you down.

 i've also learnt, once again, you can't trust people in a group project cause they're just going to let you down

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Seventeen :
"To make up, or break up"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Life had been strange without Daoming Si around. Daiyu always figured it would be a blissful life without him, but now that he was actually gone, and her only way to speak to him face to face was through facetime or skype, she found herself oddly missing him. At least until she actually got into a call with him.

"Si, how are you doing in London?" She heard Ximen ask. Daiyu tapped her painted hot pink nails against her dining table as her phone was tilted on the flower vase, pointed at her.

"I'm bored to death here." Si answered with an eye roll.

"We told you so. You hate London." Daiyu said looking at Si through the group facetime.

"How is that possible? There must be a lot of pretty girls over there." Meizuo said.

"Do you ever think that there's something more to life than a person with a pretty smile or giggles at every dumb joke you make?" Daiyu asked with a smirk. It changed into a genuine smile when Rui walked into the room and handed her a plate of steamed buns and dumplings.

"Why don't you just come back here?" Meizuo asked Si. "We also lack one member for Bridge since Princess said she didn't want to do it anymore after our last game."

"Now you realize how important I am, right?" Si asked smugly. Daiyu was going to knock him off his pedestal but saw the look Ximen and Meizuo were giving her to stay quiet.

"You've always been important. Please. We haven't found any place with bigger space and privacy than your house since Princess's mom doesn't want us in her house anymore." Meizuo begged Si. Daiyu rolled her eyes before pointing at the boys over her phone screen with her chopsticks.

"You know why all of you are not allowed here anymore. You almost set my mother's dresser on fire."

"Ya, have you forgotten? We were children then and we've changed since then."

"Still not allowed back here. And all of you were witnesses and should have stopped him but you didn't."

"Princess, you know why Si is. He's very convincing when he wants to be." Ximen told the blonde getting an eye roll in return. Daiyu bit into her dumplings and slightly grimaced tasting the pork stuffed inside.