XXXIX

Reaching the end of Querencia is bitter sweet. I've been writing for Daiyu for what must be a year, possibly even two, and this story is my first one that actually blew up and still seems to be doing well for a show that ended back in 2018. Here's to enjoying the final arc and whatever's left.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾Episode Thirty Two :"The fairy Godmothers of Mingde"≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Thirty Two :
"The fairy Godmothers of Mingde"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"I can't believe our first trip as a couple is to some fish village. I think I can feel all my pores opening up."

"You'll be fine, Qīn'ài de. Besides, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

"Now because you said that, I want to break up."

"I decline your request. Try again next year." Lei smiled to himself. He never thought he'd enjoy bantering with Daiyu in such a way but being her 'I'm dating you' person came with all new realizations. "We're almost there anyway."

"Let me try and contain my excitement." Daiyu retorted sarcastically.

She knew this really wasn't meant to be a romantic trip, it was just to find Shancai and convince her to come back to Mingde, but still. To spend her free time going to a little village to bring back someone she didn't really want to bother with. Sure her and Shancai's relationship improved a little but overall Daiyu wasn't about to go around proclaiming they were best friends, or even friends in general.

"Look after this we'll take a pause from worrying about Si and Shancai ok? It's just... it feels wrong to leave things unresolved between them in this way." Lei explained it the best he could to her. He wrapped his free hand around hers and rested it through while he drove.

Daiyu said nothing in return as she didn't want to say it out that she slightly agreed with him. So instead she rubbed his knuckle with her thumb while glaring at the run down village.

═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾
Mingde University
A Week Later

Daiyu was beginning to think she wasn't the most dramatic member out of all her friends. She couldn't even be around Meizuo if Lei was already with him because of how upset he was over Caina leaving the country with his love rival.

'He's the one who put her happiness above his own. Just how much longer is he going to pout about it?' Daiyu thought with a frown. She had just read Lei's text message telling her not to come see him since Meizuo would get upset from seeing them being lovey dovey in front of him. 'Meizuo if you don't get out of this slump soon I'm going to steal Lei and keep him attached to me 24/7.' She hoped her silent threat would magically connect to Meizuo's brain so he knew she was serious.