ā“ā“

I don't even know how long it's been since I last updated for Querencia. I do remember Daiyu and Lei are the new it couple and the direction I want to take this story seeing as how we're approaching the end.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Thirty Three :
"Almost perfect Mingde"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Daiyu was beginning to think Shancai and Si's back and forth relationship was cursed to never work out. There was no other explanation for how stubborn they both were to not talk about their feelings which easily could solve all of their problems and they all could move on with their lives. Which is exactly what she told Lei while hiding out from Meizuo and Ximen in their school's library.

Lei shared her sentiment as he too was tired of Shancai and Si's attitude. He already had to sneak away to spend time with his girlfriend because Meizuo was still pouty over Caina and Mingchuan and didn't want the lovebirds reminding him of his loss. Meizuo's words not his.

"Maybe we should just lock them in a closet together so they can finally talk out their issues," Lei suggested to Daiyu. They were taking advantage of their school's library having window seats with Lei sitting against the sill and had Daiyu laying on him.

Daiyu snorted before telling him, "That's either going to end up with them killing each other or ripping their clothes off. I don't want one of them complaining to me later that I made them parents at too young an age." She knew it was a fruitless complaint but she was tired of having to deal with their relationship problems when she and Lei should be a cheesy, lovebird couple.

Lei let out a hum of agreement as he lightly ran his fingers through her hair. "Meizuo and Ximen think I'm after Shancai."

Daiyu said nothing as she stared up at him with a straight face which honestly unnerved him more than when she was obviously angry. He knew he had to explain himself for one, ruining their moment together, and two, bringing up their complicated history.

"I'm not, I promise. I have you so why would I even look at Shancai like that? I only bring it up because they were interrogating me after class about if I was really going after her again. They even scolded me like a child because they thought I was cheating on you," He explained to her. His arm previously lazily wrapped around her waist tightened as his worry over what she was thinking grew.

"Good. At least they're loyal... unlike you."

"Darling don't be like that. You know the boys are too stupid to realize we're just pulling a scheme to get Shancai and Si back together. We're partners in crime," Lei cooed over Daiyu, kissing her cheek repeatedly.

Daiyu forced down her smile as she tried to pull away from her boyfriend who only brought her back to him with a tug of his arm. "Darling... look at me. Please," Lei begged Daiyu, knowing she wasn't angry due to the smile she was fighting to keep down. "Darling. I know you're not angry with me anymore so kiss me back. What kind of girlfriend can resist her cute boyfriends pleas like this?"

"Aish, stop it already. We're going to get kicked out if you keep it up," Daiyu warned him, but honestly she didn't really care. It just wouldn't look good for her to get kicked out of the library of all places. "But seriously. What are you going to do about them thinking you're going after Shancai again?"

"Deny it. I may be trying to fix her and Si's relationship but I'm not going to risk us or my sanity to save them," He reassured her. He mindlessly twisted the ring he gave her around noting it rested in her left hand pointer finger. "Let's go on a date tomorrow." He suddenly suggested to Daiyu.