XXXVIII

I keep disappearing and reappearing with this story only. I think it's a mix of writers block, this being my oldest story, and I'm updating so many stories a week.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Thirty One :
"The Kindled Flame"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

It seemed like time was rushing by in a never ending blur for Daiyu and F4. While Si and Shancai dealt with the never ending problems that his over bearing mother presented them the remaining friends all seemed to have their own problems to deal with.

For Meizuo, he was dealing with his new crush on the older woman, Caina and her past lover. Daiyu had never seen him so keen in getting a girl before which she wasn't sure what it meant for him. A part of her hope it meant that he was growing up to becoming a proper man but she'd have to see how that story ended before having any real feelings about it.

For Ximen, he was helping out Shancai's friend Xiaoyou. From what Daiyu understood he helped her get over her nasty ex boyfriend which she already encountered or beat up. She didn't know much more than that since Ximen kept whatever happened between him and Xiaoyou to himself but assumed it went well.

And Lei... Her and Lei to be more accurate. She wasn't sure what to call their new relationship other than that. A relationship. He had been very patient with her after her breakup with Rui, still being the childhood friend he had always been to her, but with the new layer to their relationship it felt so much more intimate.

The hand holding, the casual outings which they both knew it was a date but neither called it that, the looks from across the room, they'd lock eyes before one of them looked away with a blush and a smile on their face. Daiyu couldn't remember the last time someone had her playing a cat and mouse game where they seemed to constantly be flirting without ever officially dating or confirming what they were. They were simply Lei and Daiyu, childhood friends turned to flirting, shy, messes.

"Why do you look so happy? Lei asked you on another date?" Shancai asked Daiyu one morning.

The two had already been roommates for almost a month now and rarely saw each other due to their differing school schedules and how often Shancai had to deal with Si's mother who was still trying to get her to leave her son.

"It's not a date. Just... two friends having fun before they graduate." Daiyu retorted, sliding her phone into her pocket. She sat up from her bed only to see Shancai's look of doubt. "What?"

"Nothing it's just... friends don't look at each other like they put the moon up in the sky. Or like they want to eat other." Shancai teased an un-amused Daiyu. The heiress threw one of her many throw pillows at Shancai who batted it away with a laugh. "What? Can't handle the truth that Lei is practically your boyfriend?"

"Don't you have a future mother in law to worry about liking you? What are you even doing in my room?" Daiyu asked Shancai. She scowled at the younger girl for a moment before remembering the wrinkles she was making and relaxed her face.

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about." Shancai said, suddenly sounding sad. She looked down and that's when Daiyu noticed that Shancai had a suitcase next to her. "I'm leaving today to the village my parents are. And... there's nothing you or the others can say to stop me from leaving."

═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═ ═ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ═
Days Later [1]
Mingde University