XXI

AHAHAHAHAH laughing and crying over at the response last chapter got. I both feel so happy but also find it kinda heart warming I got this kinda response.

 I both feel so happy but also find it kinda heart warming I got this kinda response

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Sixteen :
"The mopey Daiyu"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Daiyu hadn't been like herself. Even when she tossed and burned out the clothes from Target and reopened her closet for her usual style. The black turtle neck suited her and made her look paler than what she actually was, the tan colored mini skirt was cute and flattering for her figure, and one of her many pairs of knee high boots and she looked like her old self. But still, on the inside she felt like an impostor who was trying to live someone else's life. Her friends could tell too and in their own way were trying to help but nothing could help her right now. 

Not while she was still healing from Rui's betrayal. Not even the news of Shancai and Lei breaking up did much to change her mood. 

So instead she focused on her final assignment and tried to have fun with her divided friend group while she could. Which brought her to today, in the pool hall with all the boys except for Lei who Si was still mad at. Personally, she never much liked the sport but Si told them to come and play a few games so they did. 

"Your angles off." She called out to Si while staring at her computer screen. Why her professor asked for a ten page essay along with their final sounded outright evil to her but here she was. Working on it. 

"And you're not even playing the game. Why work on that here instead of the study hall?" Si retorted occasionally glancing at the girl to see if her old self would resurface. So far she hadn't.

"You don't have to listen to me. Shoot however you like and maybe be down a few balls," She retorted still not looking up. Ximen dared to ruffle her hair and look over her shoulder to see what she was working on.  "My stylist spent half an hour on it tonight." She swatted him on the stomach afterwards.  

"What a rare sight to see a princess actually doing the work of a common student." Ximen commented frowning at seeing she was on page five and still typing. 

"If Cinderella can do it, so can I." She said as Si finally shot the cue ball and a few different colored ones fell into the pocket. She smirked to herself as hearing his groan of disappointment. 

The topic then fell onto Shancai and how impressed they were that Si got over her so quickly. Even giving back her books this morning without a fuss. She was only really half listening as she typed away so when Lei touched her back, she almost punched him out of instinct. "Lei! I'm busy writing over here." 

"I saw. I thought I was seeing an illusion." Lei teased the blonde who rolled her eyes before watching Si storm off. She let out a sigh before looking at him.