XII

Hi hi 👋. I'm stressed af and writing is my escape route. Literally just want to go into a hole and hide from the world until March.

 Literally just want to go into a hole and hide from the world until March

━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━
Episode Nine :
"The Aftermath "
━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━

Daiyu really wanted to go home or get her nails done already. Standing around at the airport waiting to wave Jing off on her one way trip to Paris with the group of people who was refusing to talk to her, and Shancai who seemed nervous to be anywhere around Daiyu. And now that she looked around properly she just noticed that Lei wasn't around either which made her roll her eyes in annoyance.

'Is he that childish? Maybe I should just leave.' Daiyu wondered while Meizuo asked Ximen about Lei's whereabouts. She was so bored, just standing around in an airport, with no one willing to speak to her, and Jing probably detesting her existence so why was she even here?

"I'm leaving to get an espresso. If Jing leaves before I get back, I'll send her a fruit basket or something." Daiyu says dismissively, turning on her heel and leaving. She lets out an annoyed sigh when Ximen grabs her by the shoulders and turns her back around so she's facing the gate for the flights to France.

"Princess, stay here. The least you can do after what happened at Jing's party is see her off and wish her well." Ximen told her. He fixed her jacket collar so it laid flat ignoring her eye roll.

"..." Daiyu said nothing while wondering if this was the only way she would be able to get her friends to talk to her again. If it was, then fine. She had to bite her tongue and make nice all the time when it came to Jing so what was one more time?

"Ah Si, isn't Lei with you?" Ximen asked. Daiyu's eyes immediately looked down to the box Ah Si was carrying under his arm.

"He's not here?" Ah Si asked sounding genuinely confused at hearing Lei wasn't with them. He locked eyes with Daiyu before looking away awkwardly. Things weren't tense anymore between the two but still were unresolved considering Ah Si didn't know what to say to Daiyu and she was waiting on him to apologize.

He made his way next to Shancai and her classmate whose name Daiyu didn't even try to remember. "What's in the box?"

"This? It's a present for Jing. It's something special." Ah Si explained now getting everyone's attention. "I won't show it to just anyone." Ah Si teased them making Daiyu let out a sigh of annoyance. Same as always it seemed.

Ah Si and Shancai's little friend fought over the box for a moment until what's his face got finally took it from Ah Si. She rolled her eyes again seeing it was nothing more than a jack in the box. "You really are just a child in an adult's body." Daiyu commented getting Ah Si's attention.