XLIV

Please trust me when I say we are not going past the London arc. It's maybe a few more chapters of Daiyu in London + Epilogue with a time skip. Endings about to be very cute.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Thirty Six :
"Princess reunites with Dimples "
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Daiyu couldn't believe her eyes right now. Zhuang Rui, her ex boyfriend Zhuang Rui, was in London, right in front of her. Looking more... mature than she had seen him last months ago.

"Have I changed that much? Or have you forgotten what I looked like?" Rui asked her, as they still stood in front of the jewelry booth.

His voice snapped her out of her daze and put the jewelry in her purse. "I'm just... surprised. I mean what are the chances we wind up in the same place at the same time?" She asked him, holding onto her bag strap. It had to all be just one huge coincidence right?

Rui seemed amused by her surprise as he gestured to a park bench not too far away. "Let's sit and chat before someone else complains that we're just window shopping," He told her, already walking away.

She hesitated before deciding if she was going to follow after him or not. On the one hand, they had been broken up for months now, she assumed he had moved on already with what's her face, so this would be just two people catching up on how life had been going since they last saw each other. On the other hand...

Daiyu unlocked her phone, looking for a call or text notification from Shancai for an easy excuse to leave. But for once, Shancai seemed to not want to involve the heiress in her drama so Daiyu had no easy excuse to leave and forget about Rui and this strange day. Having no other choice but to follow after Rui she slowly walked up to the park bench, and hesitantly sat down after a quick scan to see if there was a hang nail or something that would leave a stain.

"So... how have you been these past few months?" Rui asked her, taking the initiative.

Daiyu looked over at him and lightly shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine. Went abroad for fashion school so I'm not in Shanghai anymore," She explained to him, not wanting to be too specific. "How have you been? Still out in Kiev or did you finally come back to Changzhou?"

Rui looked away from her and watched at the bustling crowd going in and out of the outside market. He didn't know how to tell her about what he'd been up to since they last saw each other. Be honest and say it was all pretty much shit? Lie to say that everything had been fine?

Knowing her she'd figure out if he was lying to her either way so he might as well the truth.

"I toured around the world for awhile. Left Kiev for a stone auction in Myanmar, won a few times, went to few other places, Huangfu and Peng Fei came with me, and that's all it was for the first few months. Just traveling, working, a bit of stone gambling, and we helped Feifei a few times with her cases. We just came back to Changzhou about a month ago and I'm here for another gem auction at The Arkenstone," Rui told her, not looking over at her often. He tried to keep things vague so she didn't ask more questions but also detailed enough to satisfy the social obligation to catch each other up on what happened recently.

Daiyu stared at the side of his head feeling that she wasn't getting the full story from him. She believed him for the most part but considering all the rich, spoiled, backstabbing snakes she kept around for connection purposes she could tell when someone was withholding the truth from her. And one of Zhang Daiyu's least favorite things in this world was having the truth withheld from her.