ⓍⓁⒾⒾⒾ

So the cannon timeline of Meteor Garden is pretty hard to figure out. In the episode that Lei comes back from Taiwan they say it's been months but that can be any amount of time. So for my purposes of this story I'm going to say it's been three months to keep it reasonable considering all the other things that had been happening with F4 and Shancai since Lei and Daiyu left. Also we're going to jump around a bit with the time line cause we need to get Daiyu back with Lei, F4, and Shancai and all of those plotlines.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Thirty Five :
"Homesick"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Yeah, I just got in," Lei told someone over the phone, as he walked into his home. He couldn't believe how different it looked to him now after being away for three months.

"The flight was good. I didn't bother eating anything on the plane," Lei continued, a loving smile on his face. Seeing his few friends and family had been fun, and certainly relaxing compared to the constant chaos he had been dealing with this past year. Or had it already been two since they crossed paths with Shancai?

"How's the classes over at Pratt? Feel like returning back to Shanghai yet?" Lei asked Daiyu over the phone. He had checked the time difference when she called him after he landed and felt bad seeing as it was currently two in the morning for her.

Lei listened to her quiet laugh, probably so as to not disturb her bat eared next door neighbor, with a smile on his face as he walked through the main entrance of his home. He paused at the staircase feeling three annoying, yet familiar, presences behind him trying to surprise them.

"Darling? You think you can handle the rest of F4 or do you need to sleep?" Lei asked, ruining the boys surprise plan. Although, they brightened up at talking to their childhood friend after having almost no contact with her in the three months she'd been gone.

"For a few minutes. But they'd have to keep it quiet. I can't deal with Bridgette right now telling me off for being a decimal too loud for her," Daiyu told him, basically whispering over her end.

It went unsaid that that possibility wasn't going to happen considering who they were talking about. Lei looked back over his shoulder and shook his head at Si, Ximen, and Meizuo making them frown and sulk at not being to talk to Daiyu at least. Lei turned back to his phone call, frowning when he realized they were going to have to end the call so end.

"I have to go now, darling. I'll call you tomorrow when it isn't so early for you," Lei told her, sounding sad compared to when he first entered his home.

"Alright. Talk to you tomorrow then. Tell the boys I said hello. Love you," Daiyu told Lei, fighting back the grogginess she was feeling. She looked up at her bedroom that was back to back with Bridgette expecting the red head to start hitting the wall and yelling at her to keep it down.

"Love you. Night." And with that the couple separated by an ocean hung up the call.

Lei let out a sigh as he put his phone away and wondered how much longer it would be before he could see his girlfriend again. The three months had only been a test of how they'd deal with the separation and already Lei was feeling like a dog with separation anxiety. He knew it had only been three months so far but to him it already felt like a year of having to make due with the phone calls, a video chat here and there, and a lot of texting that probably bode well for their phone bills that their parents were still paying for them.