XXVIII

So either wattpad is messed up or something went wrong with my other account cause a lot of images, gifs, I used got deleted. In other news I think I picked the next k-drama to write about.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Twenty One :
"Warm Sheets, Cold Champagne"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The Hotel really accommodated to Daiyu's sudden booking of the suite room and it couldn't have been at a better time. The snow storm had began to seriously pick up while Rui and Daiyu were enjoying the indoor hot tub, talking to pass the time as they waited for the staff to bring up their dinner and Daiyu's side of champagne.

"The snow storm looks like it's going to get worse." Rui said looking out the window.

Daiyu looked out the window as well and frowned at the ugly weather. Already the snow was starting to cover up every surface it landed on, making the town entirely white.

"Then it's a good thing we got here in time." Daiyu answered. She had her hair tied up in a bun, two strands of her hair framing her face.

Rui stared at her bruised eye and busted lip and once again wanted to ask her what happened in the few days they hadn't spoken. If he was more assertive, he would ask Daiyu until she told him but he wasn't. He was gentle, a listener, not a pusher and patient. Incredibly so.

"They've probably noticed Xiaoyou still in the mansion by now. I can understand Shancai believing those girls so easily, but Lei is a surprise. It's not the first time we've dealt with those who just want to climb the social ladder through us." Daiyu mused while looking at the hot tub options. She was eyeing the jet speeds, when she noticed the lighting option.

"You five... you've had to deal with many dishonest people." Rui said staring at Daiyu. The girl let out a hum of acknowledgment before turning to him with a smile on her face.

"It's nothing new when your born into a prestigious family. You have to adapt, and grow from these experiences or you'll be like Shancai. So trusting of everyone, not even thinking of an ulterior motive." Daiyu said sounding solemn.

Rui flattened his mouth, feeling sorry for the girl. He leaned over, gingerly placed a hand on Daiyu's shoulder. "Baobei, I-," He was then cut off by not only someone knocking on the door but also Daiyu's phone ringing.

"Tell me later." Daiyu said, before leaning forward and pecked his cheek.

She pushed herself up off the seat from the hot tub, leaning forward to grab a robe, and draped herself and her one piece bikini, a present from the hotel, and took off to answer her phone. Rui kept his eyes averted from his girlfriend's figure in a bikini, as he too got out of the tub to answer the door.

"Hello? Lei?" Daiyu asked after answering the phone. She played with the soft, fleece waist tie, spinning it round in her hand.

"Are you alright?" Lei immediately asked.

"Yeah, me and Rui haven't found Shancai's friend." She said as she walked over to the living room. She draped herself on the couch and wrapped herself with a blanket.

"Don't bother. We found Xiaoyou with Ximen and Meizuo in the wine cellar, she never left. Those classmates of Shancai lied." Lei explained to Daiyu sounding as angry as he could be. Daiyu imagined he had his eyebrows furrowed, with a slight frown on his face.