XVI

Hi 👋. I am woefully under prepared for my midterm tomorrow cause the material we needed for it never got sent to us.

━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━Episode Twelve :"The new Lei"━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━
Episode Twelve :
"The new Lei"
━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━

Daiyu was very concerned for Lei's wellbeing and she was beginning to think she was the only one was concerned about him. While the boys had also voiced their concerns about his change they had also welcomed it saying it would probably pass on its own. This frustrated her and was probably why she stormed up to the roof to meet the boy she'd been friends with since they were children to try and forcibly get the version of him she knew and liked.

"Lei, we need to- what are you looking at?" She asked seeing his attention was elsewhere. She shoved her hands in her mini leather jacket as she stopped a few feet away from him.

"A plane just flew by." Lei simply answered pointing up at the object as it grew smaller.

"How riveting. Look about-"

"You and Rui are boyfriend and girlfriend?" Lei interrupted Daiyu before she could finish her sentence. Daiyu let out a sigh through her nose before answering.

"We are. Made it official a few days ago." Daiyu specified. She was beginning to get suspicious of why he was avoiding any mention of Jing or just what happened to him after he left.

"So you're still getting use to him. That's good," Lei said a bit too happily. He got down from his seat on the railing, stood up, and faced Daiyu with a smile similar to that of Ximen or Meizuo's flirty one, "Daiyu, be my girlfriend."

Daiyu stiffened at his sudden declaration. For once she had no witty remark, sarcastic comment or anything to say. What was there to say? Just what the hell was happening right now?

"Am I not better than Rui? Do we not know each other a lot better than you and him?" Lei asked staring at Daiyu who kept quiet.

"Are you... honestly Huaze Lei? The Huaze Lei I grew up with?" Daiyu found herself asking. She took a step away from Lei suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

A tense silence fell between them before Lei started laughing making Daiyu scoff and look away from him. "I'm just kidding. Did you believe me?"

"You're so cute, Princess. It's no wonder Rui likes you."

"Just shut it. And you know better than to mess around with peoples so casually like that." Daiyu reprimanded him. Her mind was scrambling to figure out just how was she supposed to deal with this stranger who was wearing Lei's face.