XXXI

I have returned from the grave. Idk if I care, and if I do, that someone added my other story to their reading list called 'don't read.'

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
Episode Twenty Four:
"Happy Birthday Daoming Si"
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The fateful day had finally come to F4 and Daiyu's lives. Daoming Si's birthday had finally arrived.

Perhaps, it was a bit in bad taste they were having the party at all since Si and Shancai just got released from the hospital but how else were they suppose to move on?

And of course it wouldn't be a normal day in their lives without something to possibly ruin the special day. Si's mother was set to come to attend her son's birthday, and of course Si wanted to introduce Shancai to his mother that night. An event that Daiyu was sure wasn't going to end in a happy ending, and Si and Shancai could date in peace.

"Why do I get the feeling that tonight is going to be a disaster?" Daiyu asked herself. She frowned at herself in the mirror before relaxing her face so she wouldn't be giving herself wrinkles.

Hearing knocking on the door she waved her hand for one of the maids to open the door. Her styling team had already finished zipping her in her dress, and were now fretting over the tassels, and deciding what accessory she was going to wear.

"Daiyu, do you have a spare dress for Shancai to wear?" Ximen asked with his hands covering his eyes.

Daiyu looked him up and down in his suit, before going back to looking forward. "All the ones I discarded are on the rack back there. But I'm taller than her so they'll look longer on her." She told him.

"A silver necklace will compliment the purple of the fabric." Daiyu interrupted the bickering. All she wanted to get going to the party with Rui who was already finished with his preparation and was waiting downstairs.

"Knowing Shancai she's going to come in something simple. We're trying to help Shancai impress Si's mother, not have her become the laughingstock of the party." Ximen continued while flicking through the dresses. Daiyu let out a hum, knowing he was right as much as she didn't want to admit it.

"I doubt there's anything much we can do about that. His mother will sniff out that she's a commoner and that will be all the reason she'll need to hate her." Daiyu remarked. She moved her hair to the front so it wouldn't get stuck in the clutch of the necklace.

"Don't be such a pessimist. Your mother likes Rui, right? It'll be the same for Shancai."

"Then why go through all the trouble of making her look like she's from a well off family instead of being herself?"

Ximen fell silent as he didn't have a rebuttal for her. Daiyu sighed, stepping down from the closet pedestal and coming up next to him, eyes looking through all the dresses she didn't pick. "If your going to take this, than choose this one. Something extravagant would just make her look gaudy." She noted grabbing onto a hanger.

The dress was a simple white, sleeveless, and a silver belt was wrapped around the waist. The skirt was more open and looked like it'd look pretty if you twirled around in it. Daiyu couldn't remember who got her it or why but judging by how much she didn't like looking at it, it was easy to see why it was hanging there collecting dust.