JUNGKOOK (8)

7:00 am

The sudden boisterous sound of my alarm woke me up. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the sunlight falling on my face. Monday's are exhausting but everyday is a Monday for me.

Another day, same routine.

Wake up.
Practice.
Eat.
More practice.
Sleep.

Living a perfect life seems like a dream for everyone but it was more of a nightmare for me. Everything in my life was perfect.

Perfect childhood, perfect parents, perfect neighborhood and perfect upbringing.

My parents always supported my quirky habits and never stopped me from chasing my dreams. Being the son of a well-known doctor, everyone expected me to be the same. But I had other ambitions which they understood and respected.

My friends from middle school used to tell me that the word perfect should be my middle name. But being perfect can be boring at times.

I never had a chance to fight, never had envious feelings, never felt excited about anything new and never felt sad or disappointed either.

I feel numb.

Everyday is the same. So I get ready for another ordinary day. Eating the breakfast mom left for me before leaving for the clinic, I look at the calendar.

"Two days to my performance."

I start stretching for the day ignoring the bruises on my toes. It was tough being a ballerino making it a reason why I chose ballet as a career. Other's think it's a hobby but my parents know better. They motivated me and helped me get the best training.

After 5 years of diligent training, I am going to debut after two days. It's a dream come true.

I could see everyone working hard for the Gala. Even though I was thrilled about it, yet somewhere deep inside I still felt nothing. Something is off about me ever since I was kid which made my parents always worry about me.

I practised hard to wear my body out so that my anxious mind would shut up.

The next day was off for us to rest our body muscles. It was one of the most boring day of my life. I realised how empty my life is without dance. I have dated a few times although it never lasted more than few months. My handsome face always attracts the disloyal ones but I can barely accuse them when it's me who's not warm and gets bored.

The Gala Day

I'm nervous.

Examining the arena, I noticed the smiling faces, the anxious fingers, the stressed mouths roaming from one place to another. My teacher advised me to get ready and take some fresh air to clear my head. I got my makeup done and left for a smoke.

While finding a corner, I noticed a couple in the corner. The 'girlfriend' was smoking and the guy was standing there facing his back to me with flowers in his hand. The girl with red highlighted hair, exhaled the smoke out as I neared them. I noticed the girl checking me out.

Here we go again, I attracted another disloyal butterfly!

I smirked as I saw her playing with the collar of her shirt. I lighted my cigarette keeping an eye contact with her as she smiled at me diverting her eyes back to the guy. The guy seemed head over heels for her. I mean I can see why. . . She was smoking hot but she had WARNING written all over her. I can't believe how blind this guy is.

The boy dragged her away to enjoy their date. She turned around to wave me one last time before leaving. Poor boy!

Getting in, I noticed everyone was freaking out as the first performer was called. I was the last so there was plenty time. I recalled my choreography and listened to some songs to relax until it was my time.