YOONGI (33)

"Taehyung ah!!"

My voice echoed so loud that even the neighborhood dog replied to me but not that punk who was busy on his phone.

"You get your ass here or get ready to. . ."

Taehyung appeared covering his phone. His reaction gave away how much he hated me at that moment for disturbing his sweet time.

"What?" He huffed.

"Get them delivered. Now." I held up a package which was supposed to be delivered ten minutes ago.

"I'm going, geez! You're possessed by Jin hyung these days. Stop living with him, will you?" He snatched the package and walked away.

"Stop wasting your time on those calls, will you?" I mimicked his accent as he shrugged.

"You can't just be all lovey dovey and no work kinda guy, ok? You are on your phone all the time it's. . ."

My phone rang breaking my rant. Taehyung turned around and smirked at me. I picked a towel and threw at him which hit the now closed door.

Sneaky punk!

"Yes Song ah?"  I picked my girlfriend's phone for the nth time today.

"Hey, I was just. . . wondering.  The sky looks pretty,right?"

Ever since the incident at Namjoon's place she is having a hard time coping up. She calls me every 30 minutes to see if I'm breathing or not and makes lamesass excuses. I feel guilty for not providing her enough reassurance.

"Yes. Yes, it's definitely beautiful. Not more than you but enough to make me smile as it reminds me of you." I smiled twirling the ends of my apron.

"Ugh,  Jesus Christ! What did I deserve to hear this?"  Taehyung's voice startled me.

"One second," I tell Song Hye to hold. "What are you doing here?"

"I forgot the address. Came back for it. But God, do I regret not knocking! Anyway got it, so continue." He flashed the piece of paper with the address and left before turning.

"Hyung, practice what you preach you know!" His laughing face annoying the daylights out of me.

I could hear giggling voice on the other side.

"What did you preach him now, sir?"  Song ah asked in between her fits.

"He's always on the phone so I got annoyed and told him a thing or two and now he's getting back at me."  I know I sound like a kid ranting to his mother but I don't care.

"You guys have grown really close. I. . . I was so scared when he. . ." Her voice suddenly became serious taking me back to that dark day.

"Sshh. Let's not get all broody on such a lovely day. Wanna meet up?" I tried cheering her up.

"Um about that. I don't think I'll have time. I have to bake tons of muffins and I have only completed a dozen." She sighed.

Ah, now I remember how she mentioned about making muffins for her kids to cheer them up.

"You do realise that I'm a chef, right?" I smiled.

"I don't want to bother you. . . " I could practically hear her blushing from the phone.

"Going somewhere?" Taehyung asked wiping the tables.

"Yeah, you can take off too. Go meet your birdie." I smiled ruffling his hair.

"Wow, noona really can change you. You're like a new man." He said teasingly, laughing as I smacked his head.

I am a new man though. All my inhibitions are long forgotten. Not to mention there's no trace of anyone else in taehyung's body and I can now see how joyful and full of life this kid is. His smile,jokes and sarcasm makes my day. He feels like a younger brother I never had.