YOONGI (22)

"She's our precious diamond!"

Seokjin hyung's words stayed in my mind rent free. No matter what I did or where I went, they kept bothering me.

"Our! Pfft. . . How dare he say our!?"

"Who hyung?" Taehyung asked me breaking my trance.

"Heh? Oh Nothing. Anyway,Do you need something?"

"Not me, but she does!" He pointed towards the door where a smiling doll waved.

Wait, did I say doll?

It's been a couple of weeks that we've met but I feel closer to her with every passing day. Everytime I saw her my heart bloomed like spring. Maybe because it was spring?

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"Do you have some time to grab a coffee?" She looked around.

"For coffee I can always make time." I teased.

"Geez, I feel special."

She said sarcastically which made both of us laugh as I prepared two americanos. Her taste was similar to mine in many ways maybe that's why we hit well together.

She sat on her usual spot near the window and gazed out. I took that time to admire her. In the last 28 years of my life, I was so busy dealing with my problems that I never noticed how beautiful the nature is. I only ever cared about my sister and my life. But now that I see this beautiful girl in front of me, admiring the surrounding and smiling like she has got all she ever wanted, I realize how lucky I am to be sharing the same space as her.

She turned around and called me over. I picked up the tray and approached her.

"I was wondering who's slower, you or a turtle?" She poked her tongue out.

"It's probably me. I realize things very slowly." I confessed honestly however she looked lost.

"Yeah, anyway. . . Tell me." She perked up leaning on her arms.

"Tell you what?"

"What's bothering chef Min that he looked so deep in thoughts back there."

Oh, so she noticed.

"It's too random to bother you with." I smiled sheepishly.

"Hey!" She smacked her hand on the table, startling me.
"I tell you the random-est things about my life so I deserve to know the same. Now spill." She nodded encouragingly, poking my arms.

I sighed.

"My bestfriend likes my sister. They met coincidentally and back then he didn't know she was Hyejin-ah but now he does and. . ."

I explained everything to her keeping the TMIs to myself. She looked at me as I continued my rant.

"I don't know what to do or say!" I sighed again.

"First of all, stop sighing like it's the end of your life." She smacked my head.

"That hurt!" I glared.

"Secondly, I know she's your sister and you feel protective over her. But you should also know that she's a grown woman and it's her choice to date anyone she likes. Do you have any control over it?" She raised her eyes. I opened my mouth to answer but she beat me to it.

"No! And since he is your bestfriend I understand that he's a good man, because you won't befriend any random guy." Her comment made my heart flutter.