NAMJOON (23)

Is it weird for a man to love going to his office?

It must be, because every time I get stuck in the traffic all I see is already frustrated faces before they even reach their workspace. 

Then what's wrong with me? Why am I happy to be here?

I was done parking my car and saw them walking into the office. I found myself smiling at the girls. Maybe I have a reason to be weird.

Will I ever get a chance? Jimin and Jungkook taught us everything but didn't tell how to actually go for it. I was blaming my inept personality for God knows how many times now. 

My internal ranting went on until I saw my little punk fall over after running away from her mother. I wasted no time to jog over but stopped when I saw an employee helping her. 

He picked her up and scolded the girl a little. It made me angry to the core but I held it back. 

The man didn't end there. He was standing quite close to Hee Young ah. Is he seriously hitting on her? She doesn't even look interested in him, in fact it made her more like uncomfortable. That's it. 

"Yeona ah!" My voice bellowed throughout the empty parking lot. I walked towards them and crouched down to Yeona's height, gently rubbing off the dirt from her knees and dress. 

"Samchon!" She squealed and put her arms around my neck. I picked her up in my arms and bowed towards Hee Young ah. "Did you get hurt somewhere?" I asked in a much softer tone which I adapted after I met this punk. I inspected her tiny self.

She shook her head in response with a wide smile. Strangely the little one gets as much happy as I do when we are together. 

The man stuttered, bringing my attention back to him again. "Ss-aamchon!? Do you guys know each other?" He asked Hee Young. Before I almost lost my temper, she answered politely, "This doesn't concern you Mister. You should be going or you might get late." 

He looked at me and I glared back to which he ran away as fast as he can. 

"Was he bothering you Hee Young ah?" I asked facing her, while she kept staring at me and her daughter. 

"Hee Young ssi?" I called her again which seem to have broken her trance. I could see a tint of flushed cheeks. Do I make her flustered?

"Ah yeah. I'm fine. Than.." She was about to complete her words when she saw the time on her wrist watch and then her kid. Her eyes widened. I realized and offered her my help. 

"I'll take care of her until you finish your meeting. We'll be in my cabin. Don't worry. Go for it. All the best!" I said, trying to boost her up. 

She smiled thankfully, nodding at me before kissing Yeona and leave for her meeting with other employees. 

"Shall we read one of my stories today?" I asked her, wiggling my eyebrows playfully. "I've a better idea!" She smiled wickedly. 

I don't have a good feeling about this.

Two hours later I find myself working on a new story while this lil' punk played with my hair. I have had five hairstyles practiced on me and I can't believe every time she started it over, a new idea popped up. 

I looked up at her from time to time, asking if she was enjoying herself. And she would say, "This is the most exciting thing I've ever done."

I just chuckled at her idea of having fun but it did make me sad. The kid already lost so many precious moments and her mother probably blames herself for it. 

Will it be right of me to make a move when she's already having a hard time?

I was so busy in my thoughts and of course Yeona's tiny hands massaging my hair at this point, I didn't notice Hee Young ah was struggling hard not to giggle.