NAMJOON (34)

"Thank you all for coming here and supporting our new book." The room filled with claps followed by my words.

I stood up from my seat and unveiled the cover page of the released work.

"Like every work of mine, this one too holds a different moral and my team has put in all their efforts into it. Especially, my new talented illustrator, Miss Wang Hee Young ssi."

I was looking ever so fondly at the said woman, with pride evident in my eyes.

She smiled back at me, trying not to cry at the very first event of her life where she was not just watching but a very important part of it.

I'm so proud of her today.

The ceremony ended soon after. I walked upto Hee Young ah. But before I could congratulate her on this big day, I heard my little bear call out.

"Samchon!" The tiny human was running towards my direction, after being released from her mother's embrace.

I bent down on time before she crashed her soft body onto mine. My arms covered the tiny figure and was enjoying the warmth.

Yeona kissed both my cheeks and then my forehead. I couldn't help but laugh at her adorable behavior. "Is my Yeona that happy about the new book?" I asked her.

She shook her head in denial. "I'm happy because you made omma smile." Her words were so pure, maybe even she didn't realize. It somehow made me feel I've become a better man.

"Thanks for taking care of my mom. She looks so happy now that she works here with you." The four year old was melting my heart now.

"Don't ever leave us Samchon." Yeona said sparing a glance at her mother who was busy with the guest.

This kid has been through so much, it hurts me.

I hugged her once again, this time a little bit longer. "Yeona ah, I wanted to ask you something. I'll listen to whatever you say." I said softly, looking at her beautiful eyes with all the sincerity I have.

My arms were still surrounding her when I whispered something into her ear. After I said what I had to, I watched her intently.

Her face wasn't shining bright like a few minutes before. I screwed up.

"It's okay honey. You don't have to answer right away. And like I said I'll do whatever you say." I said assuring her, kissing the side of her forehead.

I took her tiny hand in mine and walked to our most important person.

"Mr. Byun? I'm sorry to interrupt but Ms. Wang and I have somewhere to go, so will you please excuse us?" I politely asked him. He curtly nodded at our direction and congratulated Hee Young ssi before leaving us alone.

"So shall we?" I asked the pretty woman beside me, holding up my arm for her to take.

She blushed a little. When she was about to entangle her arm with mine, I felt my other hand losing the warm touch.

Yeona went over to her mother and asked to be in her arms the whole way. Did I make her angry?

Hee Young ah looked at me as if wanting to apologize but I quickly shook my head with a smile.

The car ride seem pretty quite. Mostly because the little woman at the back seat was watching us adults like we did something very wrong.

"We're here." I said to break the silence which could cut steel for God sake!

I motioned Hee Young ssi to be seated while she just smiled knowing what I meant. I walked out of the car and helped Yeona unbuckle her seat belt.