NAMJOON (15)

I sighed, keeping down the paper. Hoseok ah sat by me with his half dried hair. We had our conversation which was mostly about about Hyejin, Yoongi hyung's sister.

We were really amazed when Hoseok ah promised to gift her his latest culinary. He was opening up. We were proud of him. Maybe we could change too.

I offered Hoseok to drop him to his dungeon. Well it was for me. We enjoyed each other's company but no one ever tried to mention it. We were too shy too say so. At least I am.

"Yah...why don't you hold some kind of exhibition. You know your babies are worth paying for." I tried to pitch the idea into his head, again.

"You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings Joon ah. I know my place. Just drop it okay. And you tell me. Is something going on with your publishing house? You seemed a little tensed at the breakfast today. Is it about the book signing event today?" He asked.

Why was he so observant? I made him worried for me. I should've been careful.

"Nothing big, buddy. It will be resolved soon. You focus on your art thingy. And please do think about the exhibition okay? Now get off. We're here." I said with big smile, which apparently only their presence could bring.

He chuckled at me, before leaving for his babies. "See you tonight mate!"

I left for the big event. I could see the excited kids with their parents waiting in the queue. I was late.

I ran off to my office through another route. My assistant handed my schedule and then I made my way to the hall, where I was supposed to sign off my latest book.

Fifteen minutes into meeting my little fans, I could not help but think about the problem I barely hid from Hoseok ah. The illustrator who worked for me was moving to another city for some personal reasons and had to leave his position.

The team was already on it. In fact they were interviewing the candidates right now, right across the hall. There's no doubt they'll pick the best but working with a new member will be hard for me.

I need to check up on them once before I leave today. I should at least know whom I'm hiring to have an awkward working experience for at least, four to five initial months I'm guessing.

It was almost lunch time. Should I get a little walk?

"I understand I don't have an attractive resume but believe me Sir, I'm a quick learner." I heard someone from the conference room.

Must be one of the applicants.

I stopped to eavesdrop. What? I'm just curious. That's all.

"Miss. We have contenders who are way more experienced and have professional degrees. Why should we hire someone who have neither of the two?" Mr. Byun, my Manager asked calmly.

He was never rude to anyone but didn't come of as smooth either. He was a middle aged man, with a keen eye for people. I still get intimidated by him at times. Lets not open that door.

This must the last round, the verbal meet.

I waited for her reply. I couldn't see her face only my Manager's, but I was somehow rooting for the woman.

"I totally agree with you Sir. But I can bet on my whole life, none of them are more desperate for this job. My Dad used to say this to me, "A 'perfect' man will stop once the results are good, but a 'desperate' man will keep trying until he breaks his own record." The woman replied with confidence.

Only if I were half of this brave.

I saw the side of Mr. Byun's lips tug upwards. So I wasn't the only one to be impressed then.