SEOKJIN (28)

Why is a top notch lawyer like me, who won his every case because of his instincts fully based on facts, going through literally every book in the fiction corner of an ancient archive?

Well if you're cursed, you may end up doing things far more contradicting than just reading weird books.

Where are we?

Ah yes. We're back in Joon's vacation house, only this time six feet under. Where there was apparently a big ass library with all sorts of books.

Knowledge has always lit the path for the ones in despair.

There were many categories to start with but after sorting out our priorities, we split our work. Yoongi went to search through Anthropology, Hoseok ah was looking for any clues in the department of History, Joon ah occupied himself with Psychology and as for me, I took Fiction.

It was almost 4. We came straight to the library after lunch. It's been two hours now and we still got nothing. Sighing, I went to our last hope. Mythology.

When I reached the aisle, I saw the other three already frustrated faces, struggling with big dusty books.

"I'm guessing we still got nothing." I said joining in the hustle.

"I'll just search on my laptop for a change." Hoseok ah sat down on the floor, grabbing his leather bag.

"This is our last hope guys. We need to find something here." Yoongi said not lifting his gaze from one of the manuals.

"We can do this boys. Just keep going." I tried to cheer up the guys.

It took another one and half an hour to go through half of the books here. Not to be the annoyed kid but I just wanted to leave this room now. All I'm getting is disappointment here instead of some help.

The guys had a similar expression on their once content faces. What have we become?

I saw Yoongi closing his picked volume and gently throwing it over the pile of books beside him. He checked his watch and then over at us.

"I think we should take a break. I'll go make some snacks for us. Let's get some fresh air for now, eh?" He asked, definitely tired of going through all the useless information.

From the other slammed the book he was reading on a table nearby. I almost lost the grip on my paperback while Hoseok bolted up in his own place.

"What's wrong with this place!? So many books to read yet not a single one to help us?" He bursted and kicked the shelf to his right.

"Oi! Don't hurt yourself Namjoon ah!" I scolded. I seldom stop people from acting up but these guys make me worry about them more than I do for myself.

That must've hurt but why isn't he saying anything. Then I saw where all his attention was at. A book. A leather bound black book.

Yoongi ran to check on him but he pointed towards the book. "Did you see that hyung?" He asked Yoongi and then asked us to come over.

"Yeah just another ancient piece of useless work. We'll check it later Joon." Yoongi said.

"No no hyung. Look at it carefully, all the other volumes here have hard covers but it's the only one with a leather shell. It's different."

Indeed it was. But it didn't look like a book to me.

"Oi idiots. It isn't a book." I said recognizing what it actually was.

"Hyung I think you need to check your eyes out. My Dad's friend works as an optician, I'll talk to him for you. But specks won't suit you much though." Once again Hoseok reminded me how patient I have become.