NAMJOON PART I (39)

"Now isn't it a lovely day!" I said spreading my arms in the air. The guys just stared at me for the comment, as if I grew an extra head. 

Until Yeona joined me with the same position, inhaling the air. This made us all chuckle. 

"Weirdness flows in the family." Jungkook said, scooping up the kid and running into the amusement park. Walmido.

Me and Hee Young ah had flushed cheeks while the other guys were laughing at his choice of words. 

We decided to take a break from work since even Tae was here for a couple of days and ended up coming here. 

Besides, there's a surprise.

We were walking in pairs towards the rides, thinking which one to hop on first. 

"Hyejin ah, here." I handed her a candy. "Just propose her already oppa!" She replied instead of a 'thank you', which a normal person expects. 

I hurriedly covered her mouth with my hand and shushed her as if I were a kidnapper. 

"Not the time dear!" I whispered back, messing up her hair a bit. 

Two steps ahead was walking our man of the hour.
I smiled to myself at the certain event that will take place in a few minutes. 

"Hobi Hyung! Wanna try the haunted house?" I yelled from my distance, walking with Jin hyung beside him.

Knowing his reaction would be hilarious the gang seemed to be interested in his answer as well, Jimin even started laughing at the corner. 

Exactly three seconds later, I was showered with so many vibrant words, Mal Soo noona had to hold him back. 

This had everyone rolling on the floor. 

"Samchon! Just hold onto my hand and let's have some fun, okay?" Yeona said confidently and grabbed Hoseok hyung's palms with her tiny ones and led everyone of us towards the next stop. 

Everyone awed at her action and Hyung actually seemed to be relaxed with the fact that a five year old was protecting him. 

After an eventful day filled with candies and rides, all the children had a pretty decent vacation after ages. 

"Hyung!" Tae nudged, catching upto me. I leaned towards him. "It's time." He nodded towards a certain direction. I looked over and the guys were already waving at me. 

You got this Joon, don't screw this up!

"Honey!" I called out Hee Young. All the women turned at our direction which made me more nervous. So I had to whisper which made the ladies squint their eyes at me. Woah, they're protective about Yeona and her mother!

"I need to go with the guys, and i want you ladies to meet us in 10 minutes, at the West side of the park. Bye sweetheart." I left with a kiss on her cheek. 

"So are we ready gentlemen?" Jungkook asked clapping his hands. 

Taehyung fixed his hair for the gazillionth time now. 

"You know it's not you who's proposing right? Give that little mirror of yours a break will ya!?" Jimin scolded his friend. 

The mirror almost fell from his hands while keeping it back inside his pocket. Silly punks.

"Focus guys! Our brother is about to get hitched. We need to make sure everything is in it's place." Yoongi hyung sushed the younger ones. 

Everyone nodded. They checked the arrangements and were now huddled back again. 

"Look at him getting all nervous. I never thought a man like him will ever get on one of his knees and ask a woman for her hand. How do you feel by the way?" Jimin asked with a smirk. 

The supposed man was about to answer when we heard the heels clicking. 

"Guys! Everyone take positions! The girls are coming!" JK whisper yelled. 

In a snap of fingers, the place we're standing at, became dark and one by one the ladies were being taken back by their partners. Except one.

"I'm sorry I haven't had the luxury of knowing what loving oneself and being loved felt like…before I met you. I was always portrayed as a man who didn't have a heart but with just a hot temper which can't be fixed. But you made me realize, it's okay to be broken. It doesn't mean someone like me can't be helped. We're just waiting for the right person to fill the voids within." Seokjin Hyung knelt down at the end. 

"With all the sincerity in my heart, I would like to spend the rest of my life with you Min Hyejin. Will you marry me?" Hyung held out a sparkling ring. 

Hee Young ah leaned on my chest slowly, while I rested my head above hers, embracing the moment. 

Everyone were pretty much holding onto each other for the moment to end perfectly. 

The woman at the question had her hands clasped over her mouth. I watched Yoongi hyung wipe his tears secretly. Maybe someday I'll have to share Yeona with some other man too.

"Noona it's freezing! Just answer him already!" Tae teased making us chuckle. 

I'm a writer and have been reading faces ever since I started reading philosophical books. Of all the faces I have interpreted till now, Hyejin's wasn't the one of happiness. It was guilt.

Something doesn't feels right. 

"Seokjin ssi…. I'm sorry but we can't do this." The woman replied. 

"WHAT!?" 

EPILOGUE :

"Can't believe we're all here together having a nice day out while a year ago we're on the verge of losing our loved ones just like that." Mal Soo Unnie said, while enjoying our popsicles. 

"I wouldn't be able to forgive Seokjin ssi though." I said thinking about the incident. 

"I understand, it would've been the hardest on you to hate on someone you can't imagine your life without." Hee Young Unnie gently patted my back. 

I smiled back. 

"Which reminds me, what do you guys think is going to get married first?" Song Hye asked trying to fan out the dark aura. Always the one to check on everyone. 

We laughed at her question but knew deep down everyone had thought about it, even if it were once. 

"Why the sudden question?" Mal Soo Unnie asked her. 

"I think someone's turn might be today." Song Hye Unnie winked at my direction. 

Everyone turned to me with a big eyes. 

Wait. What does that mean?

"I noticed the guys looking after Seokjin Oppa and whispering something every now and then." She continued. 

"Yeah, he was often checking his left chest pocket too, like if he didn't do so, he would lose something precious." Mal Soo Unnie confirmed. 

Oh my God. Is this really happening?

"Hey, it's okay. It's just a random thought. Don't fret about it." Hee Young Unnie reassured after looking at my zoned out face. 

"Is there something bothering you Hyejin ah? You can tell us you know." Mal Soo asked concerned now. 

"What if him and I aren't on the same page?" I asked, knowing they knew exactly what I meant. 

Silence took over for a moment. 

"Take it from a mother who lost her first love because of their own child…" Hee Young Unnie took my hands in hers. 

"Love isn't about putting a tag on it, which the folks can agree on, it never was. If you care for each other, you'll hold on to them till the end, no matter what. No conditions applied."