YOONGI (13)

"Huh?"

I came out after washing the dishes to see everyone has left. It disappointed me yet I felt happy that everyone had put so much effort today, from the surprise to paying generously for the meal.

Taehyung entered from the emergency exit looking rather sad and deep in thoughts.

"Where were you?"

"Oh? I went to escort Seokjin hyung,he was quite drunk." He picked up the cloth and started wiping the tables again.

"And? What happened with you?" I generally don't pry but today he looked pretty off. He shook his head and smiled at me widely.

This alien!

I checked my phone to see if Hyejin had any problem getting here, but there was nothing. I started serving some late night customers and wondered what was taking her so long.

When the door chimes rang, I knew it was her. I rushed to the counter and saw my beautiful little sister approaching me. She looked like she came straight out of a warzone. I asked Taehyung to manage the counter as I spent some time with her.

We sat down on a table near the counter and I gave her a wet napkin to clean her pretty face. She chuckled and accepted it wiping off the dirt.

"Thank you. So, how was your first day?" She wiggled her eyebrows happily making me smile.

"It was great.  The guys came and surprised me. You could've met them if you came a bit earlier."  I pointed out sadly, at least she could've met Jin Hyung. Her smile faded to a thoughtful expression but she shrugged it off.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'll tell you later. Feed me something first. I'm famished!" She pouted cutely.

I heated the food I had already made for her while preparing her favourite kimchi fried rice. As I placed everything on the table, I saw her eyes popping out.

"You made so many things? This has to be my lucky day!" She didn't waste much time and digged right into the food not leaving any thing.

I wiped her chin and fed her some meat. I couldn't control my smile as she looked exactly like a rabbit right now. She didn't even bother to make small talk with me, concentrating fully on the meal.

"Hyejin ah, what did I tell you? Your food is yours! No-one else is going to eat it so take your time with it." I remarked feeding her some kimchi.

I turned my head around as a feeling of being watched crept up. A girl, probably on her mid 20s, was staring at me with a face that shouted disgust and jealousy.

That's weird.

All my life, I've had times when I was stared by various humans, eyes filled with pity. But this is the first time someone's looking at me like that.
I shrugged the thoughts off focusing on my sister. She was telling me about her hectic schedule and about a case of a premature baby. The professor she is under is very calm and generous which made her life a bit comfortable.

I was about to ask her something when Taehyung interrupted.

"Hyung, can you come with me?"

From the look of his face, I sensed something was wrong. I nodded and went away to listen to him.

"There's this lady who says she knows you and wants to meet you. I told her you were busy, but she's not having it." He sighed desperately. I patted his back and moved towards the counter to see who said such a lie. Nobody I know knows that I work here.

I was completely thrown by the weird situation. There stood the same lady who was staring at me a while ago. Her eyes squinting as she analysed me up to down making me insecure. But strangely I had a warm feeling. My sister had that effect on me, making me happy.