Chapter 44: The Past

Yuan Hong’s ancestor, Yuan Zhi, was only 8 years old when he moved here with the people from Yuanjia Village, with only one mother and father by his side. Yuanzhi's father, Wen Yuanxi, joined the army a long time ago and held a certain official position in the barracks, but there was no news after the war.

    Yuanzhi's mother and father were named Chi Xuehua. During the war, the news of his own man was lost, so he was anxious every day. Knowing that the war would affect Yuanjia Village, Chi Xuehua reluctantly made a decision and moved south with the village chief.

    If it was just him, he would definitely choose to stay and wait for Yuanzhi's news, but there are their children by his side. If there is no father and mother like him, then their children will have no relatives by their side. But he was also worried that if Yuan Zhi, who had lost the news, was still alive, what would he do if he couldn't find them when he came back?

    In the end, Chi Xuehua thought of a way. He collected a lot of seeds of "acacia grass" and sprinkled them along the places they walked. This is a weed that is particularly tough and will grow no matter how harsh the conditions.

    The grass was common in their former Yuanjia Village, and in spring it would bloom with tiny pink flowers that could be made into scented tea. Because of a certain allusion, this grass is called "acacia grass" by the people here.     After Chi Xuehua married Yuan Zhi's father, the two were like glue and had a sweet relationship. However, because of the relationship between Wenyuanxi and the army, the two stayed together less often, and it happened that they both liked "acacia grass", so Chi Xuehua collected the flowers of Acacia grass every spring to make scented tea and sent it to Wenyuanxi to express lovesickness. Feelings.     Therefore, Chi Xuehua hopes that these seeds will sprout and grow. If Yuanzhi is still alive, he will definitely recognize them and find them eventually.     Yuanjia Village was moved to a place far away from the battlefield, which is where Yuanjia Village is now.     The seeds Chi Xuehua collected were not enough, and they were planted about 500 miles away from here. So after coming here, Chi Xuehua will climb the highest mountain here whenever he is free, hoping to see the familiar figure one day. However, he has been waiting for 30 years without waiting.     Yuanzhi is a very smart child. Like other children, he has been studying with the old scholar. After the war ended and the imperial examinations were resumed, he was admitted as a scholar.

    This was a big deal at the time, and it gave him a good reputation locally. Unfortunately, after the academy examination, he was not able to go further into the Juren. However, Yuanzhi is not a nerd who reads books, on the contrary, he is very shrewd and smart with some businessmen. After being unsuccessful in the examination, Yuan Zhi started a business with his tact and tricks, and finally became a famous squire in the neighborhood with a lot of money.

    Chi Xuehua just waited for the original text to come back when his child was no longer needed when he was outstanding. Yuanzhi also asked people to ask around, but there was no news about his father, and he was afraid that he would fall in the battlefield. In the end, Chi Xuehua was disheartened and died.

    The filial Yuan Zhifeng buried his mother and father. His son was born before that, and Yuan Zhi named him Yuan Zhengchi. Yuan Zhengchi is Yuan Hong's great-grandfather.

    He inherited his father's ingenuity and even surpassed his father. At the age of 15, he became a scholar, and at the age of 25 he was admitted to the Juren.

    This has become a local myth. Juren is out of reach for everyone here. For so many years, Yuan Zhengchi is the first. In the end, Yuan Zhengchi was assigned an official and a half position in this area, and he gradually took the position year by year until he reached the 5th rank.