drunken regrets [m]

18+ MATURE CONTENT WARNING: sexual situation

        He wasn't sure how it was possible, but it was. He, only after getting to know him more and more for the past month, missed Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung pouted, spinning on his chair to look out the window into the city. He felt alone again. Jungkook was a great distraction and a part of Sooyoung's life. He learned more about her, and he was sure Jungkook didn't notice how their topic of conversation always ended up being about her. He enjoyed just listening to stories about her in college. How she had always and would always be a hopeless romantic. Her cute little antics and movie marathons of romance movies that would make her squeal and turn into a puddle of goo—hoping for a romance like those.

Sadly, he couldn't give her that and life was not a Jane Austen novel. As much as he wished he could give her that. She was better off, anyway. It hurt less. Every day he woke up, it hurt less when he would think about her. Stupidly, he still messaged her in hopes that one day she would reply. She never did.

Even though he knew she wouldn't have replied to his voicemail about his mother—he still had hoped. He fell asleep with that hope, clinging to his phone that she would call. Dreaming about her calling and worried and him needing to tell her to not get on a plane over to him. He had hoped that she would show the mercy she was capable of and ask him how he was doing due to her empathy and understanding. That her caring side, no matter if she was mad or hated him, would come out. That her words would sooth him. Any words. It never came and he knew he was living day by day with a hole in his heart as it slowly bleeds out.

Could someone die of a broken heart?

"Sir?"

He spun back around. Something must have happened, the night he woke up with a headache and letter about a month ago. He wasn't sure what happened, but Yerin had backed off. She kept her distance and started to wear appropriate office attire. She only bothered him when he needed to sign documents or to remind him of his schedule for the day. She was doing her job as a secretary, and he was glad. One less headache to deal with.

"Yes."

"You got a call from your aunt, earlier this afternoon when you were in a meeting. She said she's been dealing with a certain Mr. Kim. Well, two different Mr. Kim's and that she will express mail you the information that should be signed for. She would have had you call her back, but she said she wants to meet with someone. Other than that, Mr. Min called and mentioned how Hong Kong still wants proof of Miss Park being part of the team. She did not talk much in the last meeting and feels she was only there for pretense. Mr. Wong wants a direct meeting between the three of you. If not in person, via conference."

He nodded. "Is that all?"

"Yes, is there anything I can do for you, sir?"

He contemplated. He didn't want to be rude, and she kept giving him pity looks. "Yes. Could you order some dinner for me to be sent to my hotel and delivered at 7? I feel like eating a burger. Also, why do you keep looking at me with such pitiful eyes?"