connections

"The moves should look like this."

She watched intently as the dancers performed the moves. Taemin had invited her to a contemporary dance class. The song was about lost lovers being reunited. She watched in awe as the couple swayed, almost feeling their longing for each other when she knew the two were merely dancers. Dancers always were able to portray emotion through movements like actors did through their facial expressions. It was why she had been so intrigued by dance as a young child.

Seulgi clapped enthusiastically when the pair finished. Her smile wide. She only had Jimin to thank, for bringing back her passion for dancing. At that moment though, Taemin wasn't there. She frowned, looking down at her phone at a message from him, they had slowly become close. He was now one of her good friends.

Taem
Sorry Seul, something came up.
I sent in a replacement though 😉

She read his message again, confused by what he meant. This was a class where they were supposed to learn the dance she just witnessed. She was okay portraying those "supposed" emotions with Taemin but with his replacement? She didn't even know who it was. She hoped it was Kai. Then she wouldn't worry too much. She pouted as she stretched, her eyes glued to the door until the teacher asked her if she had a partner. Seulgi turned, trying to figure out how to explain that she did but she wasn't sure who.

"I'm her partner."

It was official. She was going to murder Taemin the next time she saw him. How dare he do this to her? To think she trusted him enough to reveal her deepest and "darkest" secret. What did he do with that secret? Used it against her even though she told him everything. Hesitatingly, she turned around and faked a smile upon seeing Jimin there. He had already begun to stretch, smiling up at her.

"Jimin," she breathed, exhausted. By the quirk of his brow—he had heard the tone in her voice, "did Taemin put you up to this?"

He shook his head. "Not really. He mentioned you two had this dance class he couldn't make, and I offered to come. Joy is busy all day. There's a conference with the Bangkok group and all in charge of the project have to be there. She'll be busy until the meeting is over. Then she needs to go shoot for Seunghee with Yeri. So, I have free time since we are waiting for the Hyun Cosmetics shoot before starting ours."

She nodded, pretending to know what he meant but anything related to the brands went over her head. She had declined the offer from Seunghee to be one of the models for the campaign. She didn't want her free time when she could be dancing, to be filled.

"Thank you."

Jimin only smiled. It made her look away, pretending to continue to stretch. Her heart would never get used to it. Being friends with Jimin was bad for her health. Her heart would always beat erratically. Seulgi had hoped that knowing he was dating; her feelings would somehow dissipate. Instead, they grew the more time she spent with him. Many times, she found herself begging for forgiveness in her head, to Joy. She had too many thoughts about him and many of them were not PG. It was impossible when she had once glimpsed him dry his sweat with his shirt, exposing his abdomen.