ghost of the past [m]

18+ MATURE CONTENT WARNING: sexual scene

          "I have wanted to apologize for some time now, for the way we first interacted."

Sooyoung had been staring straight when Tiffany Young approached her. She wasn't necessarily looking at anything specifically. She just happened to be facing stoically at her reflection. It was finally the day of the shoot.

Saturday seemed eons ago—even though it was only four days ago. She could still recall watching as the playfulness and kindness faded from Taehyung's eyes. They turned dark and cold. Just like how she first met him. She wasn't sure what had ached more. His stare or his actions. Thinking back made her spine tingle.

Hypothetically, it was a good wake up call. A reminder that having feelings for him was ridiculous and out of the question. She didn't like him. No. She didn't like him at all. She didn't think of him the past four days. She didn't miss him. She just—she missed their time in Hong Kong. She wanted that old Taehyung back. The one she knew was the real him under that mask and protective ice. Kim Taehyung, the ice prince was back and there was no way anyone could melt that.

She had lied to herself because she did miss him, and she had grown feelings for him.

Sooyoung laughed bitterly. To even think she had been able to melt his ice-cold heart, was a dream. It was a joke. A simple joke. Who was she to do that? She was no one. It was good. She was glad it happened. Any tender touch would be all in her head. He wasn't capable of loving anyone or being kind.

She knew their relationship would go back to how it was before. Simply, just them seeking pleasure and distraction from their fucked-up lives. Well, his fucked-up life. Hers was going well until he decided to enter it.

"Baby, did you miss me too?" Chaeyoung sneered in a mocking way.

She watched him fist his hands before looking away. The smile, the light in his eyes—vanished. It hurt to see it happen a lot more than she would have wanted it to.

"Let's go Sooyoung, let's get you home."

"So, your new whore?"

Taehyung stopped. Out of the corner of her eyes she looked to him and saw how his jaw clenched. Didn't Chaeyoung recognize her? They were roommates for a semester and got along. Well, as well as two roommates that were barely home together and never spent time together. Being called a whore was a stab.

"What the hell do you want?" he snapped, looking face her.

She wasn't sure when he grasped her wrist, regardless, he held it tightly. Too tightly it was hurting. She squirmed. The circulation was cutting off.