love makes you stupid

Three days ago

It would be the first time in months that she would see her parents after the initial news had broken out. She couldn't help but wonder how her parents, most specifically her father, would react to her coming back. She avoided talking to her family. They were all very opinionated on her choice of deciding to stay with Jimin. Taking in one big breath, she knocked and waited for someone to answer.

A few seconds later, her mother opened the door. She was shocked and the shock soon wore off into a grand smile at seeing her face—that is until she looked down and saw her pregnant belly. A frown appeared as soon as it disappeared.

"Seulgi, you're back? When did you get back?"

"About two days ago. I needed to settle some things."

"Come in, come in."

Seulgi's mother beckoned her inside as if she were a stranger, a visitor to their home. After everything, she felt like one.

Her home looked the same. It still felt safe and warm—other than the fact she knew the atmosphere was none of those things. She did not feel welcomed. She settled for following her mother into their family room where she knew her father would be. He sat in his corner chair, reading a book. Seulgi always had looked up to her father. His words and opinions meant the world to her. If he had not wanted her to pursue a career in pharmacy, she wouldn't have done it. Other than having a stable income, it was her father's want, for her to have a medical job that had her settle on pharmacy.

After all, she did stop dancing because of him.

"Dear, Seulgi is here."

Her father looked up, having moved the book down. He held a stern look on his face before looking back to the book as if her entrance meant nothing.

"I see you have finally come to your senses and escaped that good for nothing Park?"

She grimaced, having sat in the sofa in front of him.

"I haven't left Jimin, father."

"And why not? Suffering from Stockholm syndrome?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. Jimin never forced her to stay. She never was told what to do. In fact, many times Jimin had asked if she preferred to go home once the baby was born. He wasn't going to force her if she didn't want to be anywhere near him. She did though. Years of loving one man and getting his attention—even if it was only because she was carrying his child—was enough reason to stay. She set the boundaries between them. It was not Stockholm syndrome. Not when she had been ignoring him since she arrived back to Seoul and staying with Wendy and Yoongi.

"Jimin did not keep me captive. I chose to stay."

"You see, that is where I am disappointed in you, Seulgi. You are choosing to stay with a man who ruined your life. He doesn't love you. I know what happened. I've read the tabloids. That woman. That Joy woman is who he loves. He's in love with her and yet got you pregnant. Do you honestly believe he wants to be with you, knowing you're the reason his relationship failed?"