they say, ignorance is bliss [tw]

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of suicide

Two days ago:

        In the room, there was little light. The room was with how full of articles and trash it was. Only a smirk was visible on the man's lip. A smirk that was full of relief and the thought that there was no need for vengeance when justice could do everything for him. The man on the floor, started to chuckle as he looked at a news article that was yet to be printed. He didn't notice the door opening and the sound of a man groaning, covering his mouth as he mumbled.

"Wonwoo, you are filthy! I cleaned this studio this morning! Look! You can't even see my bed and why the hell are you laughing like a maniac while holding that piece of paper?"

Wonwoo glanced up. Never in his life would he have guessed that his cousin's lover, would have come to find him and so easily. Granted, the man had police help. Seokjin was scowling at him, trash bag in hand as he scooped up the trash he had littered. It had not been his intentions to make such a mess. He was simply looking for the article he had pre-written when Park Chaeyoung came back from her godforsaken life in America. He still wished she would have remained there. Her coming back was the catalyst but also—without her, he wouldn't be where he was then. Smiling as he handed the paper to Seokjin who ripped it out of his hands in annoyance.

"This better be good." He began to read the article and once he was done, he had a stoic face. "What does this mean, is this real?"

Wonwoo blanched, smile gone as he recalled the day. Yes. It was true and his testimony plus the testimony of the maid—who he helped relocate—could testify that it was true. He was somber. If he had known, he would have never gone to pick up the prescription.

"It's real. I was there that day. I was supposed to drop off the medication and go but something seemed odd. Yeojung was there. She wasn't supposed to be there. She was supposed to be on a trip with the cheating husband and then I became her alibi."

"Was Taehyung's mother really going to him?" Seokjin asked, having sat on his bed once he had cleared it.

"Yes. The maid, she knew. She helped her pack and book the ticket behind her husband's back. She wanted to get away from the limelight of having to pretend her marriage was perfect and that she didn't know of the affair. She wanted to spend time with her son." Wonwoo paused, looking at Seokjin. "I'll go back, only if that article is printed before we go back. I'm not going back without protection."

"Taehyung promised us protection and I think I should be able to get this publish. I have a few ins with some Korean news outlets. I wouldn't mind going back before Joohyun gives birth. I'm going to be a dad to a baby girl."

He scowled, seeing how the older man lit up. He was already enamored with his unborn daughter and Wonwoo could see how he would be a fool for his daughter. He could also clearly see why his cousin had fallen for him. He seemed to be rather patient and understand. He did nag a lot, but Wonwoo still got away with a lot of things.

"Your child is not even born yet and you're like this. Pathetic."