changes bring forth...

Time seemed to be irrelevant with everything that came after the holidays. The days were long with work. Projects were right on track and yet, he wanted nothing more than to go home and be held by the woman he loves.

Taehyung sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, feeling the stress getting to him.

How had almost a month passed since his birthday? It seemed too long ago.

In a sense, it was too long ago. Being so busy didn't allow him to spend any time with Sooyoung. There were days he couldn't make it home, sleeping on the couch of his office. Currently, that was how the day was going to turn out. Tiredly, he slumped his shoulders, pouting at the thought of not being with Sooyoung again. She had spent countless of hours preparing their new home. It was furnished now, and he couldn't appreciate all the work she had done for them. He did recall listening to her talk about her many adventures with Yeri in finding the right furniture. He specifically remembers hearing how there was a female worker that treated her badly, out of pure jealousy. It angered him because it seemed more and more women were showing their dislike for Sooyoung being his girlfriend. She told him not to worry, the worker lost her job because Yeri couldn't keep shut about how they were treated and Sooyoung was able to reconnect with a secondary school friend ... a male friend that made the sleep he had felt, leave.

Taehyung had every reason to feel paranoid whenever Sooyoung mentioned male acquaintances.

Four days ago, a deal fell through with a new upcoming company. Jungkook and Kyungsoo had been present. They were going to offer a partnership, pleasantly surprised with how well the company was doing and the dealings they had done. Their offer had been based in building a joint project with the help of the construction company Jungkook represented. Instead, the offer was never given. The CEO and founder of the company was an old classmate of Jungkook, Yeri, and Sooyoung. A man by the name of Kang Daniel who back then, had pursued both Yeri and Sooyoung to no avail. He could still vividly recall how rude he had been not just towards him, but Jungkook when it regarded Sooyoung and Yeri. Having asked him how much he had paid for Sooyoung to be with him, because she was better than him. He knew that. It did not mean he liked hearing someone else who clearly wanted to be in a relationship with her, say that to him.

Needless to say, everything had been scraped and he had been escorted out of the building and banned from ever entering it again.

Kyungsoo reminded him that it wasn't a bad thing, to have the deal fall through. The hotel projects would be taking most their time and although having future plans was good, the company needed to make sure their current plans would not fail. He still needs to prove to the board of trustees that he could run the company.

Taehyung sighed again, having moved to lean back on his chair, head thrown back as he looked towards the ceiling. His aunt had reminded him of something he had forgotten about. He had put it off, with good reason, but now there was nothing stopping him from continuing what was planned. It did not help that the group had contacted his aunt in wanting to know how the emergency that had come up, was going.

California had called and he needed to make his presence at least by the end of February. A month. He had one month and meeting them would not guarantee a fast return to Korea.

The unmistakable sound of the elevator rung. Taehyung lifted his head up, eyes furrowed as he watched the outline of the elevator doors open and a figure coming out. Most likely one of the janitors. He sat up straight, looking at his watch for the time and noting how it was close to ten at night. He quickly took out his phone. He had told Sooyoung he would call her before ten and he had not.