blackmail

Inside the café, everything seemed normal. Everyone was smiling and laughing except for one man, who was waiting for the person that made his life a living hell from the moment he ran into them. Well, she found him, knowing how to make him do her bidding. His guilt was eating at him, and he sighed, wishing he could say anything to anyone who would listen.

The sound of heels made him look up to his worst nightmare. Park Chaeyoung walked towards him in her tall, slim, and gorgeous self. He hated how she could only flip her hair and he'd fall on his knees, doing her bidding. She knew her beauty. Chaeyoung knew she was beautiful and what her looks and body did to men, especially when she was so willingly to use it for gain. She knew the power she held, and she used her body to get what she wanted, and she wanted Park Sooyoung to suffer.

Wonwoo never asked. Never cared much for this certain Park Sooyoung and why he had to wrap his cousin into her plan for the vendetta she held in her heart. It made no sense to him—at first. Now he was in the middle of doing both the bidding of Chaeyoung and his aunt's husband, Bae Kyunjong. 

Chaeyoung stopped in front of him, pulling him by his collar and kissed him in front of everyone with no shyness. He didn't kiss back. Tired of her little game. He sat rigid until she pulled back, smiling, and caressing his face before the sly smile made it onto her face and she slapped his cheek in what would be considered a friendly manner if they were friends. He scowled. She sat beside him, he wanted her to go away.

"You got some really great pictures. Thank you, darling."

Her voice saccharine and he clenched his jaw. "Did you make it go away?"

"Oh, you mean the video. Why would I do that? I must make sure that this breaks her. Anyway, I need something to hold over Yeojung or else that lawsuit will really go through."

All he wanted was to know how it was that she got a hold of that video and even found out there was one. He was young. He was drunk—didn't even know they were being filmed. Wonwoo did not know who he had slept with that one night when he graduated high school until years later, as his mother's sister, Irene's mother, assured him a job. How was he supposed to know that he had slept with a cousin by marriage? He was oblivious for years about it. Looking after Irene and just knowing that she was set to be in a marriage she did not want. That was all he knew. With his background in martial arts, he was her main bodyguard.

A party soon would let him re-meet Bae Yeojung in circumstances he never thought he would ever meet her again.

He hadn't thought much about her last name. They had met in Ulsan, outside a club. Had it been in Busan, maybe he would have had some warning signs and not have been so easily duped. They were in Korea, people shared last names and it did not mean they were related. He wasn't even a Bae. The issue wasn't just them in a sense being related even if it was through marriage, he became her alibi of sorts, through blackmail. He was Bae Yeojung's alibi for when Choi Taehee—Kim Taehyung's mother, died. 

"You made sure to deliver the envelope, right?" Chaeyoung spoke, bringing him back to the present of his fucked-up life.

"Yes."

"I haven't heard anything though. By now I was hoping to hear something from a certain Kim Yerim. Maybe, she hasn't told them just yet."