realization [m]

18+ MATURE CONTENT WARNING: sexual scene & strong language

         Inside was filled with cheerful, subtle chatter. Lighting was low. A mixture of talking, laughter, and clinking glass. In the background, the gentle sounds of jazz music by the live band.

Taehyung was located at the bar of the dimly lit hotel lounge. There was no smoking allowed yet it seemed there was a hazy atmosphere as he waited. He wasn't entirely blinded—having seen a familiar figure when he first came in, seated at one of the corners. They weren't smiling. In fact, he can't particularly recall the last time they saw them smile. It must have been last week, this week they seemed lifeless.

He stopped glancing, not wanting anyone to think he was watching them for any other reason than curiosity. If she was suffering, he knew it was something she had no doing in and he could feel his own suffering, coming.

A bitter scoff, sounding too close to a chuckle, escaped his parted lips as he brought the brandy to sip. He was drinking too much, but he still felt the nerves. He looked at his watch, Jimin should be there at any moment. He decided it would be best to talk with his friend and let him know where he truly stood. He liked Sooyoung. More than just a worker or a surprisingly new friend. He liked her more than just a body he craved. He liked her as a person. He cared for her, and he knew that it was a very strong like. A strong sort of like that he was willing to tell his best friend—he wasn't going to let her go without a fight.

It had been a solid week since Sehun's encounter in the parking lot. Sehun was to be kept away, his picture shown to every security guard in the building. Still, the man was around, and Taehyung could not understand why, only that seeing his face irritated him.

When Sooyoung stopped crying in his arms, as he wiped her tears, repeatedly kissing her forehead, she stood up from him—a belated groan at realizing he never got his release and had been deep inside of her the entire time she cried—she apologized for multiple things and reasons.

He didn't let her apologize for much. He especially did not let her make it up to him, he dressed himself and returned the panties he kept. He didn't want the underwear another man had bought for her, she didn't want it either, having removed her bra. He watched her look around, finding a lighter and small bottle of vodka in his dashboard before going out to a trash can and burning it.

He drove her home, reminding her that she could take off as many days as she would like. Something told him Sehun would hang around. She didn't want to, but he told her to just do it. To focus on her meetings with Seunghee and Jimin. The thought of her spending more time with Jimin was a bitter one.

Sooyoung, reluctant as she was, agreed. Her face looked tired, and yet she still looked just as beautiful. He had cupped her face and placed a kiss on her forehead before she stepped out of his car, wearing his suit jacket to keep herself modest and warm. She had glanced at him like he was someone new. He was. She had changed him.

Taehyung gulped down the remaining brandy and then asked for another as he saw a figure approaching from the corner of his eye. He saw Jimin. Jimin looked well kept, as he always did. Wearing a suit of his own, hair neatly styled, stoic expression. The moment he walked in; women turned to look at him. Jimin always seemed to get women to glance his way and with one look, they would be on their knees for him. Not that Jimin ever acknowledge it.