Performance Practice! CH-53

After an impressive battle against Cynthia which Ash barely lost, he and Serena went to their class. They've got Pokemon grooming from Suzy.

"So Ash, you said you know this Suzy?" Serena asks.

"Yeah, we've met her in Kanto when I traveled with Brock and Misty. She was running a beauty salon for pokemon when we last saw her. Brock has taken care of her Vulpix for a while." Ash explains, holding Serena's hand as they enter the classroom.

Just as they turn the corner, Brock jumps out of nowhere and lands on one knee infront of Suzy while saying. "Suzy! Destiny brought us back together again! Why don't we go and have a romantic dinner for two shile we catch up?"

Suddenly out of nowhere, Brock shrieks in pain as he feels a poison jab in his back and a mallet on his head. Croagunk drags Brock away while he's groaning of the pain. "Have that dinner with yourself, she's not interested and got a boyfriend." Misty exclaims, looking at Brock and his grinning Croagunk.

Serena looks confused as she hadn't seen this behaviour of Brock before while Ash lets out a slight chuckle.

Everyone takes their seat and during the lesson, Serena takes a load of notes. This could really help improving my skills as a pokemon performer. She thinks.

When the lesson finally ends, it's lunchbreak. Everyone gets up and walks out of class. Serena grabs her bag and when she gets up, she feels an arm wrapping around hers. She turns around and sees Ash with his toothy grin looking at her.

"You ready?" He asks.

"You can go ahead, I want to asks Suzy a few more things ok?" Serena replies.

"I thought you wouldn't let me go anymore?" Ash teases.

"Well uhm... This is an exception. Just don't get distracted and make your way to the cafeteria ok?" Serena says firmly.

"Sure! I'm hungry anyways so I won't stop before I got myself some food." Ash says and if it was right on cue, his stomach starts to growl.

Serena giggles and playfully punches his shoulder before she says. "Alright silly, now get your food and I'll be there in a bit." After that, she leans in and pecks him on the lips.

"Food... Cafeteria... Right!" Ash says blushing a bit as he walks off.

Serena walks over to Suzy and asks for tips how she gets the beauty out of her pokemon so well while Ash heads to the cafeteria where he fills his plate until he almost spills it. Ash sits down by the rest of the group and starts talking with them.

After a couple minutes Serena got her lunch and makes her way to the group. But when she arrives, there are no seats left. She starts to worry a bit as her shyness takes over and she doesn't have the confidence to ask. Ash however notices it.

"Serena!" Ash says motioning her to come to him.

Serena looks at Ash and walks over to him. "Here, let me put this aside real quick" Ash says as he carefully takes her plate and places it on the table. Then he takes Serena's hand and to her suprise, he pulls her onto his lap.
Serena's face heats up in no time, earning a chuckle from the girls while Ash gives her a toothy grin.

Serena quickly shrugs it off and wispers. "Thanks Ash..."

Ash smiles at her before he gives her a peck on the cheek before he gets an idea. "Serena? What are you doing after school?" He asks, grabbing her attention.

"Uhmm... I actually want to work on my routines for my performance on sunday." Serena replies, looking at Ash who's visibly thinking.

"I've got it!" Ash says happily.